Rhodes... what’s the plan ?

Rhodes will get you goals given we set up in his favour ..

We are still lacking a pacey striker - given our situation its gonna be tough looking at someone like Nakhi Wells who'd give us that injection of pace we need. Or someone similar

All our strikers are very similar with only the odd difference like Joao bit skill ful, Fletcher good in the air etc .. we just lack pace

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

How long have we been saying that and waiting for it to be addressed?

Under Carlos's first season (even with Hutch in there we were often getting over run by teams playing a three).

Edited by York_Owl

The last time Jordan played and scored regularly was 2016. He has never played and scored regularly for a promotion chasing championship team. l fear we’re waiting for something that frankly isn’t there.We have 6 average strikers, let’s get a manager in soon to sort out our imbalanced squad. Deadline day is 16 days away. 

1 hour ago, Avon barksdale said:

The last time Jordan played and scored regularly was 2016. He has never played and scored regularly for a promotion chasing championship team. l fear we’re waiting for something that frankly isn’t there.We have 6 average strikers, let’s get a manager in soon to sort out our imbalanced squad. Deadline day is 16 days away. 

Middlesborough? 

1 minute ago, fred mciver said:

Rhodes looks on fire pre -season, maybe up for a move.

But a good supply to him and Fletch looks like a top 2 attack to me.

But we need to strengthen defence and more steel in the middle. 

Yeah it might be, if we were playing Northampton every week

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Yeah it might be, if we were playing Northampton every week

Give credit where it's due no point holding on to outdated opinions players can have good spells where they look transformed as a player palmer is in the process of doing this

I still think he'll end up at Norwich before deadline day but at the moment we have a player who's just played his part in a title winning side at this level so it's no wonder that he seems to be in a good place?

He needs to go. Bannan is more important.

What I mean by that, is for years we've known we are a 5 man midfield team. With the lack of height and athletic ability in there we'll get completely over run. 

Pelupessy, Bannan, Harris etc....too small for a 4 man midfield. 

Lets realise it now, because this is a known fact.

We are currently wasting time, playing 4-4-2 in friendlies and not addressing issues we are already aware of.

2 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

We desperately need to raise some funds. We have plenty of options up top so for christ sake just sell him DC.

Must be able to get 4mil from Norwich. Just how much is he expecting?

And that 4 million will go straight to Middlesbrough so who do we sell next to raise funds 

On 22/07/2019 at 19:32, gurujuan said:

Probably not true these days, how many goals were scored by strikers running clear of the defence. Yes, the wide players might have pace, but how many goals does Harris score? About the same as Palmer I reckon

you expect wide players to chip in with a few goals but more to create chances for the main strikers i dont think harris was brought in for his goal scoring record