Rhodes... what’s the plan ?

Just now, big oz said:

you expect wide players to chip in with a few goals but more to create chances for the main strikers i dont think harris was brought in for his goal scoring record

Well yes, I hope not. Still think we’re missing the option of plentiful source of goals. If nothing else, it means teams can push up knowing our strikers can’t hit them on the break

On 22/07/2019 at 12:25, Kopparberg said:

I’m intrigued as to what is going to happen with Rhodes. 

Does the club actually want to sell him? Bruce suggested he needed to move him on, but Bruce has gone himself.  

Was Bruce actually thinking of signing him (when he got to) Newcastle !? ...it’d be odd but not impossible. 

Will Norwich leave it until the last minute to come in for him? 

I personally think Rhodes could stay with us and have a good season. 

- We are missing an intelligent link up player ‘like’ Hooper 

- Harris and Reach could supply Rhodes 

- He’s bagged a few in pre season 

- There might be less pressure on him this time around.  

- Someone has to get us the goals... maybe it’s him? 

'maybe' were getting the ball forward in less than 5 minutes and it's paying off.

22 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Surely, no-one would be sad enough to browse a Sheffield Wednesday forum and post comment on their strikers, if said person wasn't a Wednesday fan?

So, you must be a Wednesday fan, or you're a really sad b*stard.

I’ll go for sad baa.stard 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The press down here are reporting that we have offered Jordan Rhodes on a season long loan to London clubs QPR and Charlton Athletic. Seems like we are desperate to get rid of the player 

Seems strange that he's been playing a fair bit in pre-season if that's the case. Why not give the others more game time if so?

Guest wilyfox
14 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The press down here are reporting that we have offered Jordan Rhodes on a season long loan to London clubs QPR and Charlton Athletic. Seems like we are desperate to get rid of the player 

Those two clubs haven't got a pot to pisss in. No chance they could afford him, loan or permanent.

26 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Those two clubs haven't got a pot to pisss in. No chance they could afford him, loan or permanent.

That’s problem, if they had the money, then they’d probably want better than Jordan Rhodes

9 minutes ago, Bottler Owl said:

Perhaps, I think most set ups are aware of Rhodes' pros and cons, he's hardly an unknown quantity in the Championship. Could possibly be that though.

Possibly proving his fitness and match readiness to potential suitors? 

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Surely if we are offering him on loan to QPR and Charlton, we’d have been better letting him go back to Norwich, where we are more likely to get a bigger percentage of his wages paid

That's probably why what you've read is a complete load of horsecrap.