John Sheridan

An interesting suggestion. Question: who has the highest win % as a manager: Shez, Bruce, Pulis or Holloway? Answer: Shez. Yes, this was a surprise to me. I also didn't realise how experienced he was. I wouldn't choose him, but that's mainly because I'd hate to see the crowd turn on one of our greatest players. But I don't think it's a ridiculous suggestion.

Just now, Sova said:

An interesting suggestion. Question: who has the highest win % as a manager: Shez, Bruce, Pulis or Holloway? Answer: Shez. Yes, this was a surprise to me. I also didn't realise how experienced he was. I wouldn't choose him, but that's mainly because I'd hate to see the crowd turn on one of our greatest players. But I don't think it's a ridiculous suggestion.

Now apply this, and add a very complex aspect into the equation.     Quality of opposition.

Just now, Salmonbones said:

Now apply this, and add a very complex aspect into the equation.     Quality of opposition.

Sure, but it's all relative, isn't it? Of course, a 35% win record with Stoke in the Premier League is better than a 35% record with us in the Championship, but I'm not sure any of the sides he's managed were particular favourites in their division at the time.

17 minutes ago, Sova said:

It certainly is!

2 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

Brilliant player, but the thing is about playing football is you don't need to be bright.

Sheridan is as thick as they come.   It's a good job he was good at football because god know what he'd have done otherwise.   The question I have is how come he's been employed as a manager before by any other club?

.....and yet he speaks very highly of you!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, owler66 said:

It's time for him to get the job for me served his time in the lower leagues turned Chesterfield around got to be as good if not better than some on the list 

Disappointment Dog GIF - Disappointment Dog Really GIFs

3 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

Brilliant player, but the thing is about playing football is you don't need to be bright.

Sheridan is as thick as they come.   It's a good job he was good at football because god know what he'd have done otherwise.   The question I have is how come he's been employed as a manager before by any other club?

Harsh but fair lol

One of my dreams is to see John Sheridan manage Sheffield Wednesday, but I'm still sane enough to want him to stay away and help his managerial career by not getting involved with us.

#letslegendsstaylegends

40 minutes ago, malek said:

One of my dreams is to see John Sheridan manage Sheffield Wednesday, but I'm still sane enough to want him to stay away and help his managerial career by not getting involved with us.

#letslegendsstaylegends

tenor-2.gif