VFC Lubeck - V - Wednesday omdt

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Yeah. We beat Benfica the other pre season. They ended up being one of the top 8 teams in Europe. Friendlies never really bother me. Unless, we completely do a no show on the eve of a new seaaon at home then get our ground trashed by Rangers. 

Be nice to play well against a 4th tier team though. 

that was awful watched 2nd half we were playing a very low standard team like out national league north ,none of the players did anything to show that they deserve the shirt for the reading game , it be nearly a completely different team when we play sunday . there was no intensity out there ,maybe our players were tired after double training sessions and playing tues night and then traveling over there . 

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Be nice to play well against a 4th tier team though. 

We did against Northampton the other day. Tore them a new arsehole. If you want to read anything into it perhaps its that we're not going to be that consistent this season. Massive surprise really. With the players with have, many of them have been here for years and not done the business, thats what level we are at. 

Edited by TheEnchanter

2 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

that was awful watched 2nd half we were playing a very low standard team like out national league north ,none of the players did anything to show that they deserve the shirt for the reading game , it be nearly a completely different team when we play sunday . there was no intensity out there ,maybe our players were tired after double training sessions and playing tues night and then traveling over there . 

You answered your own question there FFS

I expected us to do better than what I saw.  

Can't get a new manager in quick enough.

I would like to see us go for a highly reputed manager.  We have to go for a big name under the circumstances.  

Huge season for us.

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

You answered your own question there FFS

well they certainly looked tired and unmotivated ,the result wasn't that important ,if the players have been overworked this past 3-4 days then that's the fault of the management . if I was playing today then id be looking to impress none did anything .the team what will start on sunday will be the 11 what kicks off at reading . 

2nd tier opponents next  - finished 6th last season so no mugs. 

Let's see what our 'first 11' can manage before we all start having nervous breakdowns.

They looked a bit knackered to me tonight - very little energy.

Perhaps the travel just caught up with them?

I know it's a preseason game and means little but I don't like players who don't play to win. It becomes a habit. OK if you are playing a decent team but these aren't, we should put these away with our second team without breaking a sweat.

Time for a pint.

6 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Motivation is hard to come by when you're hundreds of miles from home and playing against a team of bruisers in front of a small crowd

*straws/clutch*

They weren't bruises, they were tidy little players got us on the break plenty of times. Just got train back to hamburg. If anyone there is reading this, there's lot's of coppers at the station. Be careful and try and look sober. 

It's all about the minutes in the tank, they've all been working hard for weeks now doing double sessions and all sorts, pre season results literally mean nothing. We could absolutely paste Espanyol next week then the week after get trounced by Reading. 

There’s people about tonight who genuinely think a pre season game should affect Bullens chances of getting job 

no words 

12 minutes ago, Owlstastic said:

2nd tier opponents next  - finished 6th last season so no mugs. 

Let's see what our 'first 11' can manage before we all start having nervous breakdowns.

They looked a bit knackered to me tonight - very little energy.

Perhaps the travel just caught up with them?

They had a bad journey with delays according to that snippet interview yesterday.