Is this the last throw of the dice..

Bruce gone, ground sold....sh *t or bust?

You can either look at it as the last great gamble from Delphjon and a bright new dawn....

Or the frantic twitching of a corpse....

I honestly don't know how much more Chansiri can do after this upset, I don't know how much more he can put into it.

it seemed that circumstances had suddenly dictated we had a chance..With Villa sacking Bruce, then DC getting him..

Seemed to me as though we had suddenly fell on our feet, then the results towards the end of the season picked up...promising better next year.

Then this f.ookfest happens.

We all KNOW ..its the "Wednesday way"..but even the oldest hoariest seen it all before supporters must have thought 

"FFS! what next"?

Well honestly..."what next"?

I see already, some are blaming Chansiri for Bruce going....I doubt theres anyone to blame in that scenario...bar Steve Bruce...

Ive criticised DC on pricing, on recruitment, on a a few other things...cos I thought me criticisms valid...on this...?

Nah...

I think he has shown, in this particular episode that he is as much a Wednesday fan as any one of us...maybe, at times not fully understanding the demographics of the area...but at heart?

wants the best for the club.

I'm worried about the selling of the ground, I'm worried about the future of the club Ive supported since I was 6...and yes for those amongst you who are askin'.......

I have wetted the bed several times this week.

We need to get behind the team now...take a siege mentality...nurture our anger and throw it at whatever team tip up in front of us...f.ook whoever is the manager...support him to the hilt and howl the lads on...

Wednesday cannot go on like this for any length of time....selling our assets, be it ground or  facilities ...cos you can't do that forever...or even for the short term...

This season is massive...

Its time to see whether we are................

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 4

The problems will start if we get someone incapable of galvanising the fanbase.  With a high degree of togetherness I recon we'll perform whoever is in charge.  Without that cohesion I think we'll struggle perhaps horribly...  For what it's worth I think Ollie could get most of us onside, though I don't think he's the most able of those suggested.

Edited by Anlaby Owl
Spelling

How about sell some players and stop hording and wanting over inflated prices for players. 

Reach, FF, Rhodes could all have gone and raised a good bit of cash to reinvest into the team. 

If Brentford can do it, so can we. The only difference is we are a bigger club than Brentford and wouldn’t have to do it every season. 

1 minute ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

How about sell some players and stop hording and wanting over inflated prices for players. 

Reach, FF, Rhodes could all have gone and raised a good bit of cash to reinvest into the team. 

If Brentford can do it, so can we. The only difference is we are a bigger club than Brentford and wouldn’t have to do it every season. 

Who would you buy to replace Reach once you have sold him?

14 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Black shorts, stripes on the back of the shirts.

It's our year.

No danger. 

I thought when I saw the kit that you'd be pleased!

I knew it was going to be a good year.

Edited by jomaco

We need to get this appointment right. For me it's a chance to make a statement, to show some ambition and be forward thinking. A high profile younger manager could build on the foundations prepared by Bruce. A progressive appointment could take it further like Dean Smith at Villa after they got rid of Bruce. In my opinion we should be ambitious and go out and bring someone in like GVB or similar. High profile names are being attracted to the Championship, so let's go and get one. Forget the usual old school names and the job hopping failures. Get this appointment right by showing some ambition and it can finally be our time.

Edited by The Night-Owl

Absolutely...we've had the nonsense of having a foreign coach with no track record by have someone who in six weeks made us competitive and playing to our strengths...we've added pace to our team and, even with a lot of our players not fully fit we finished just a few points away from the play offs. Over a full season we would have been there and whatever the playoffs had resulted it was acknowledged that we weren't far away. So... losing Bruce wasn't the death throes that some of the people on here envisaged. And, more importantly, that platform means we don't deal from a position of weakness even though Bruce has gone. It will only take someone who. after watching the back half of the season will realise that we are a project not too far from completion. I think most of the fanbase realise this and, with Bullen at the helm this continuity is going on and someone will come in and keep this gathering speed. If at the end of it we do miss out then I'm sure we will be further along for the next incumbent...as I've said all along our club song should be    

Edited by daveyboy66

23 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Bruce gone, ground sold....sh *t or bust?

You can either look at it as the last great gamble from Delphjon and a bright new dawn....

Or the frantic twitching of a corpse....

I honestly don't know how much more Chansiri can do after this upset, I don't know how much more he can put into it.

it seemed that circumstances had suddenly dictated we had a chance..With Villa sacking Bruce, then DC getting him..

Seemed to me as though we had suddenly fell on our feet, then the results towards the end of the season picked up...promising better next year.

Then this f.ookfest happens.

We all KNOW ..its the "Wednesday way"..but even the oldest hoariest seen it all before supporters must have thought 

"FFS! what next"?

Well honestly..."what next"?

I see already, some are blaming Chansiri for Bruce going....I doubt theres anyone to blame in that scenario...bar Steve Bruce...

Ive criticised DC on pricing, on recruitment, on a a few other things...cos I thought me criticisms valid...on this...?

Nah...

I think he has shown, in this particular episode that he is as much a Wednesday fan as any one of us...maybe, at times not fully understanding the demographics of the area...but at heart?

wants the best for the club.

I'm worried about the selling of the ground, I'm worried about the future of the club Ive supported since I was 6...and yes for those amongst you who are askin'.......

I have wetted the bed several times this week.

We need to get behind the team now...take a siege mentality...nurture our anger and throw it at whatever team tip up in front of us...f.ook whoever is the manager...support him to the hilt and howl the lads on...

Wednesday cannot go on like this for any length of time....selling our assets, be it ground or  facilities ...cos you can't do that forever...or even for the short term...

This season is massive...

Its time to see whether we are................

Spot on. 

We need to embrace this feeling of togetherness Bruce leaving has created, channel the anger its created, and use it to push the club forward. 

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

Absolutely...we've had the nonsense of having a foreign coach with no track record by have someone who in six weeks made us competitive and playing to our strengths...we've added pace to our team and, even with a lot of our players not fully fit we finished just a few points away from the play offs. Over a full season we would have been there and whatever the playoffs had resulted it was acknowledged that we weren't far away. So... losing Bruce wasn't the death throes that some of the people on here envisaged. And, more importantly, that platform means we don't deal from a position of weakness even though Bruce has gone. It will only take someone who. after watching the back half of the season will realise that we are a project not too far from completion. I think most of the fanbase realise this and, with Bullen at the helm this continuity is going on and someone will come in and keep this gathering speed. If at the end of it we do miss out then I'm sure we will be further along for the next incumbent...as I've said all along our club song should be    

https://youtu.be/mzhONrjd03c

Edited by daveyboy66
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

The problems will start if we get someone incapable of galvanising the fanbase.  With a high degree of togetherness I recon we'll perform whoever is in charge.  Without that cohesion I think we'll struggle perhaps horribly...  For what it's worth I think Ollie could get most of us onside, though I don't think he's the most able of those suggested.

Its results that will galvanise the fan base not who is the manager.

Cant afford to hang around with a foreign coach until he finds his feet.

Club really is living beyond FFP rules so need to get up ASAP.