Is this the last throw of the dice..

Guest Ferkorf

I find it strange that people actually think steve bruce was gods gift to football management.

The saving grace of sheffield wednesday.

We will end up with a few million quid for him and move on.

It doesn't mean we are going to collapse into ruin. Its Steve Bloody Bruce.... 

2 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

I find it strange that people actually think steve bruce was gods gift to football management.

Me point wasn't just Steve Bruce though was it?

It's the Wednesday way is not, we do it the hard way no matter.

Wednesday life would be boring if it was simple, but I would have less grey hairs and more fingers nails.

I think in Mr C we have a chairman who cares, and yes he has made mistakes, haven't we all? But he does continue to bank roll us within the constraints of P&S. Together we will get to where we want to go.

Personally don’t blame DC for this whole Bruce situation. However DC does have to learn to move players out, not overprice players. We can’t just store players and not make money on them when we get a chance. That is no way to run a successful football club. Last throw of the dice yes, but it will help a lot if we freshen up the squad when ever possible. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Bruce gone, ground sold....sh *t or bust?

You can either look at it as the last great gamble from Delphjon and a bright new dawn....

Or the frantic twitching of a corpse....

I'm worried about the selling of the ground, I'm worried about the future of the club Ive supported since I was 6...and yes for those amongst you who are askin'.......

DC gambled paying out big fees and huge wages and it's not worked for 4 seasons. 

He can't do that again and hopefully has learned this lesson. 

As for the ground, it wasn't SWFCs anyway, it was DC's, he owns us. Now the ground is DC's fathers (or some relative). I don't think we need to worry too much about the ground. We can't sell it again so DC can't make the losses he has anymore and we just have to hope he's getting better as a chairman with all the experience and mistakes.

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Club really is living beyond FFP rules so need to get up ASAP.

Do you think we are still living beyond FFP? I thought with Hooper/Jones/Abdi/Boyd etc all leaving we must be closer to abiding by the rules. 

10 hours ago, Ferkorf said:

More of a sign of how bad thing have been under Carlos and Jos I think.

Bruce brought an approach we had all been screaming for.

I think we can replicate that. Not the end of the world. Just poor timing.

10 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

How about sell some players and stop hording and wanting over inflated prices for players. 

Reach, FF, Rhodes could all have gone and raised a good bit of cash to reinvest into the team. 

If Brentford can do it, so can we. The only difference is we are a bigger club than Brentford and wouldn’t have to do it every season. 

Whose bid for Reach or FF in the last 12 months ?? If you sell all your best players you go down not up. As for Brentford when were they in the playoffs? ??.Made money not much progress. 

Guest Ferkorf
3 hours ago, heppers said:

More of a sign of how bad thing have been under Carlos and Jos I think.

Bruce brought an approach we had all been screaming for.

I think we can replicate that. Not the end of the world. Just poor timing.

100% agree, just wish others would open their eyes.

Its like replacing Jon beswetherick with Morgan Fox then Fox leaving to a new club and everyones thinking fox is the new Roberto Carlos because of how terrible beswetherick was lol

Guest Ferkorf
14 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Me point wasn't just Steve Bruce though was it?

First thing you mentioned was Bruce...

So it was Me starting point yes? Lol

13 hours ago, briggowl said:

Do you think we are still living beyond FFP? I thought with Hooper/Jones/Abdi/Boyd etc all leaving we must be closer to abiding by the rules. 

Closer yes, but without the ground sale we would have had a 66 million pound loss that's still 27 million too much re FFP. Unfortunately the year to be written off in the next round of allowable losses only amounted to just over 3 million. 

9 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Whose bid for Reach or FF in the last 12 months ?? If you sell all your best players you go down not up. As for Brentford when were they in the playoffs? ??.Made money not much progress. 

They have replaced their players season upon season. No reason we couldn’t do the same. 

20 hours ago, Ferkorf said:

Think Steve Bruce was a very good fit for Sheffield Wednesday and we are unlikely to find anyone as suitable.

But I agree that no one is irreplaceable and we move on.