Odds For The New Manager

Just had a look on oddschecker...nothing to catch the eye...

But I noticed last week Bruce opened at 20/1 Newcastle job and quckly went to 1/25...anyhow now it is confirmed, over half bets placed on prem relegation today are on Newcastle :biggrin:...and odds cut to 11/4 from 5/1. Don't think many have confidence.

Hughton or GVB, of those mentioned, and I have a notion that Paul Hurst could turn out to be a decent coach. Granted, his only job at this level, with Ipswich, didn’t turn out well, so only really a hunch. I can remember reading an article about him, saying how highly he was rated, and might one day be part of the England set up. He apparently holds the top coaching licence, a coach can earn in Europe. He did have outstanding success prior to the Ipswich job, albeit at a lower level. As I said, it’s just a hunch, on the limited evidence of managing at this level, you wouldn’t really offer him a job

Edited by gurujuan

I am going to throw a very random name out there for manager. Domènec Torrent Font the current New York City FC manager he is 56 years old and been a manager for 24 years. They play with the same style of play as Man City. Think he has the experience we need and plays hard pressing attacking football.

Edited by BlueBloodedOwl

Timing, and our financial situation, determine we don’t need one of those managers who feels it’s essential to work with his own players There is no point whatsoever to bring in somebody like that, certainly not now anyway. A coach who can work with, and improve the players we have, is a much better bet.

Edited by gurujuan

10 hours ago, marshy said:

My last image of Bullen as a caretaker was him as good as in tears, virtually pleading verbally for DC to get his man following our getting stuffed at home to Burton. I think he's happy to coach, but being the boss is completely different.

A big reason why he shouldn’t and hopefully won’t get the job. Lose a few games in a row? bit of booing from the stands and the poor bloke would probably have a break down. Really don’t want to see him suffer like that. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

3 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Give it Ross Wallace, he'll be in opposites technical area causing a riot, ripping papers to shreds and stamping on their ipads till they're in cex day next hoping for a Grade C valuation. 

He’s actually the quiet sort believe it or not.

6 hours ago, Morepork said:

Just made a promise to myself not to look at the bookies odds again. Seems to be a carpet bomb approach ATM and there are way too many undesirables making the list.

They really haven't got any ideas at the moment, that's why Bully is favourite. Sooner or later a name will turn up with short odds and that could (I stress could) be an indication. 

DC does not do dissemination of information, nobody plays his cards closer to his chest. So we shall just have to be patient. 

14 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Bullen is now the 3/1 favourite on skybet :-(

I wouldn't worry about that, SkyBet pay out if Bullen manages 10 games for us. They might just think we won't appoint a perm manager for a while because of the legal stuff.

People are very quick to jump on the anti Bullen bandwagon because of this 'Burton' game. They seem to forget what he did last season in the 4 games he was in Temp charge. 

I'm not saying he's the right man for the job but would take him over a lot of the other names linked.

I’d give it Bullen and gamble on a dead cat bounce for a bit. By the time that novelty wears off, some better managers will become available. 

The list of possible managers is like a menu in a poor restaurant where you end up having Pizza because you take the view they can’t not rustle up a decent Pizza. 

Edited by vulva

7 minutes ago, owl84 said:

People are very quick to jump on the anti Bullen bandwagon because of this 'Burton' game. They seem to forget what he did last season in the 4 games he was in Temp charge. 

I'm not saying he's the right man for the job but would take him over a lot of the other names linked.

you might be right bud,it's fine all this we wan't him,or we wan't him.who actually will take the job is the first thing we need to sort out,especially if it's true Hughton was approached and basically said no thanks