Odds For The New Manager

Appointing Bullen would be like the time Peter Shreeves was appointed after filling in ably a few times.

If Bullen wanted it it would be a different conversation, but every indication is that he doesn't...

Wouldn't want Bullen as full time manager for two reasons; 1st he hasn't convinced as caretaker manager, he is a very important member of the backroom staff, he's been the stability throughout the chaos of the last few years, if we hire him as manager he will be sacked within 6 months and will no longer be at the club.

I'm not sure i see 'knows the club' as some kind of massive advantage. It just means he's been around for all the time we've not been doing what we want to do. It doesn't mean he knows how to do things differently to how we've been doing them, which is evidently what we need.

Knowing the players is a plus, sure. but he'll also have ideas about the players already and they'll have ideas about him. A new manager and a clean slate can be a godsend and can give some players a new lease of life. e.g. would Nando pull out all the stops to impress Bully the same way he would try and impress van Bronkhorst? I don't think anyone would argue that he would.

I like Bully, and I like that he's loyal to the club and that it's loyal to him. And I agree with @RobbieOwler that I want him to carry on being at the club, not potentially crash and burn as a manager and be out the door.

• Like 1

Bullen should no doubt stay as a valued coach. Like when Jos left, he will be beneficial to still have there, holding the fort, and ready to assist the new man, with his knowledge of the club and players. Having someone like Bullen around will be invaluable, especially if we do go for a younger high profile forward thinking appointment. He'll be valuable, no matter who we appoint but my feeling is we'll follow the latest managerial trends trends and we'll make a statement by being forward thinking and ambitious, instead of going for the usual out of work merry-go-round names that are on every betting list for every managerial vacancy but are being ignored for a reason.

8 minutes ago, RobbieOwler said:

Wouldn't want Bullen as full time manager for two reasons; 1st he hasn't convinced as caretaker manager

His win rate is better than that guy who has just done a runner..

And ffs, any foooker would have kept Wednesday up except jos, Bruce was no foookin hero

Chansiri is gonna be damned if he does or doesn’t here. The candidate list on the betting sites range from uninspiring to terrible. Houghton on a side there is no universal favourite with the fans and he’s turned it down. So he’s going to have to pull a rabbit out of the hat or strike it lucky with one of the aforementioned list.

Really think he might chance his arm on Bullen who knows the squad inside out so there will be minimum upheaval going into the new season. If Bullen gets off to a stinker then he might bring his man in then.

Edited by swfc1983

17 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Any news from Nixon on who he thinks is 1st choice for job

Dion Dublin. But we'll have to pay 4m compensation to Homes Under the Hammer. 

Edited by Hitcat
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, swfc1983 said:

Chansiri is gonna be damned if he does or doesn’t here. The candidate list on the betting sites range from uninspiring to terrible. Houghton on a side there is no universal favourite with the fans and he’s turned it down. So he’s going to have to pull a rabbit out of the hat or strike it lucky with one of the aforementioned list.

Really think he might chance his arm on Bullen who knows the squad inside out so there will be minimum upheaval going into the new season. If Bullen gets off to a stinker then he might bring his man in then.

Like to think Chansiri might think and look a bit further than a poxy betting site candidate list 

There are two stand out candidates. Hughton and GVB. What we don’t know is a) does Mr C want them, and B) would they come? And before anyone says Hughton won’t, how do we do know this, because I haven’t seen a direct quote from him saying this. This club is in great shape at the moment, and someone could take it to a whole different level. Mr C really has to get this one right, or he might just be flushing more money down the loo.