BREAKING NEWS : STEVE BRUCE RESIGNS

Guest Kameron
1 minute ago, EcclesallOwl said:

Because they’ll want to sort it all out together and then announce it?

If Newcastle had paid 4 million Bruce would be on a plane to China, there's no way you send millions of pounds until the contracts are signed and sealed, unless it's an email from a Nigerian Prince requesting a Western money transfer then you send it instantly.

25 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

Nixon saying DC still hasn't accepted the offer from MA for Bruce and his stooges.

And that a list of possible managers exists, but has not yet been acted on.

I don't believe anything that comes out of Nixon's fingers with regards to Wednesday specifics.  

Fine, I don't doubt the old coot has contacts in football and may have info on Newcastle/Ashley/Bruce, but i doubt he has any Wednesday insiders as DC isn't keen on him.

That we haven't acted on a list of possible managers...I call utter dog plops.  

2 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

It’s probably worth noting that Nixon isn’t the only person reporting Newcastle sent £4million to Wednesday yesterday. It’s being reported by a lot of people, and a few that are close to MA/Newcastle. 

Do you think it is £4m up front or some of it dependant on where Newcastle finish next season?

11 minutes ago, Kameron said:

If Newcastle had paid 4 million Bruce would be on a plane to China, there's no way you send millions of pounds until the contracts are signed and sealed, unless it's an email from a Nigerian Prince requesting a Western money transfer then you send it instantly.

Bruce is probably too late to get a visa for China. All other points....remember were talking Ashley here.

2 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

It’s probably worth noting that Nixon isn’t the only person reporting Newcastle sent £4million to Wednesday yesterday. It’s being reported by a lot of people, and a few that are close to MA/Newcastle. 

Is anyone specifically stating that Chansiri's accepted this money though? Nixon's article itself said that he hadn't yet.

It doesn't mean a great deal then that Newcastle have sent over some money (if they actually have).

17 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

That's the point, if he has accepted 4 mill for Bruce, then Bruce is a done deal. If the steves + strudwick and whoever else are the issue, then the balls in Ashley and Bruces court. Pay for them, or move on without them. 

But the point remains the same. Bruce, Agnew and Clemence all offered their resignation, this makes their position untenable now, kind of forcing our hand a little. This is Newcastle’s take it or leave it offer of £4m for all of them, Agnew and Clemence hold no value to Sheffield Wednesday. So now we are left with a choice do we accept £4m and move on from all of them or do we continue to pay all of them till their contracts end. That’s now our choice. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Do you think it is £4m up front or some of it dependant on where Newcastle finish next season?

Upfront. But it’s a low ball designed to call Chansiri’s bluff I reckon.

The timelines for how the stories broke yesterday don’t make any sense if Wednesday had any input. 

People were reporting last night Ashley told Bruce and co to put their notices in. And after they do a story breaks that he’s put £4mill into Wednesday’s bank account. It reeks of him trying to force Chansiri’s hand. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cowl said:

Is anyone specifically stating that Chansiri's accepted this money though? Nixon's article itself said that he hadn't yet.

It doesn't mean a great deal then that Newcastle have sent over some money (if they actually have).

Jordan spoke like it was only the compo for the other two holding things up this morning. He knows both Bruce and Ashley so it’d be naive to not add some weight to what he’s said.

16 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Jordan spoke like it was only the compo for the other two holding things up this morning. He knows both Bruce and Ashley so it’d be naive to not add some weight to what he’s said.

I'm not necessarily doubting that compensation for Bruce has been agreed - in any case, there's no compelling reason to doubt it.

It's merely this point about money having already been sent that doesn't add up.

Just now, cowl said:

I'm not necessarily doubting that compensation for Bruce has been agreed - in any case, there's no compelling reason to doubt it.

It's merely this point about money having already been sent that doesn't add up.

You're right.

Like I say the only thing that makes sense to me is if Ashley has done it to force Chansiri’s hand. Surely if you know Wednesday wanted say £5mill for all 3, you’d send 5 from the start. To me sending 4 even though Wednesday haven’t accepted any amount yet suggests a power play by Ashley. 

I don't think we will have accepted anything currently, hence the silence from the club.

We may well have verbally agreed £4mil for Bruce, but if we still haven't agreed a fee for the others then we won't have signed on the dotted line to allow Bruce to join Newcastle until we agree a full figure. 

Late to the party - but Bruce has proved himself to be a massive ****.

Wednesday were very good to him - to the detriment of their own club - when he wanted to continue swanning around the Caribbean watching the cricket. 

And this is how he repays you.

A disgusting way to act. I hope Chansiri remains resolute and receives the appropriate compensation.

Then with a bit of luck this prat will get relegated next season. 

• Like 2

DC will be holding out for the release fee figures in the contracts of all 3. I doubt he will take less. DC is a stickle for the letter of the law and will make it a matter of principle.

Quite right too.