Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

2 minutes ago, Animis said:

In all this, what we should remember is SB is only a temporary appointment at Hillsborough in the first place. The 1 year rolling contract reflects this, with both parties presumably happy with the arrangements which says to me we are hoping he gets us promotion and if not he'll move on with our best wishes by the end of the season if not before.

I never thought he was a long term appointment, unless he does get us promoted, then all this starts again as his stock will have increased and he'll be out of contract with no compo restrictions.

No he'll still be on a rolling contract of one year... doh!

Edited by daveyboy66

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

No he'll still be on a rolling contract of one year

Not if there's a release clause or if the contract has to be trigger to roll over again. It's a 1yr agreement for a reason.

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

He will and has said he will be taking a pay cut at newcastle...though he admitted bonus payments are very generous. I don't think he will be hitting the bonus payment targets...

If Newcastle do stump up, with the £6m compo plus his wages it will dwarf what Ashley offered their last manager to stay.

Ash thought he could get him for nowt......

Wot a mistaker to maker.

mistaker.jpg

WOW! if what your stating is correct, then it's only the 'prestige' (if it comes off) and the side he supported as a kid (and I take it we can all understand that).

no I don't expect him to be getting much 'bonus pay' unless it's the loose change he'll get thrown at him from the supporters.

3 minutes ago, Animis said:

Not if there's a release clause or if the contract has to be trigger to roll over again. It's a 1yr agreement for a reason.

A one year rolling contract means he has one year from today ie...it keeps rolling over DOH !

1 hour ago, Quist said:

The offer o Bruce is not much more than he is getting here. It was widely reported he was on £2 million a year at Wednesday. Benitez was on £6 million a year and Bruce was reportedly costing less than half his salary. I accept £750,000 or slightly more a year is a good rise but it comes with a lot more grief than Wednesday job. Another factor is his assistants who are much younger than Bruce, they are both intelligent guys so will know they are going into a pressure cooker and it may not last long. For them to move they would need substantial uplift in salary o make them move from what in football terms is relatively secure number. I actually am certain Newcastle press and club thought cheap option and thought they could get away with paying next to nowt for our entire management team. The have now had rude awakening and after raising their own and some others expectations are hoping for Chansiri to fold. I sincerely hope he sticks to his guns does not drop compensation one penny and the longer it goes on raises compensation as it makes our task of doing well even harder. Ashley the bully may have found someone who sticks up to him if so will be good for football as PL needs milking for as much cash as possible by EFL clubs.

as I understood it (and I maybe miles out here) but the £2m from wednesday was for getting us up not just managing the team.

as for compo (and i'm guessing again) IF bruce quits can wednesday take him for failing to fulfil his contract?, IF so would the amount bruce would owe wednesday be less than what we deem the fee for newcastle to have him?

thus would newcastle be better off getting him to jump ship and pay the lesser fee? we 've already seen what premier league sides are capable of with the hirst jobbie.

5 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

What a poopydoo , no way back for him now lol 

seriously said it from day one, people need to hold the slagging of Bruce until we know what’s happened. If this is right then he’s a lot more loyal than anyone gave him credit for. 

But again. I will await my view until  DC or Bruce tell is. 

Yeah, I read that. You had me seriously worried as I was in total agreement !

It's taken me some time to figure out if I had gone mad and joined you in the happy place...but no it was the madman who was talking utter sense all along whilst the others were lapping up any old shyte. Worrying times mate.

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

A one year rolling contract means he has one year from today ie...it keeps rolling over DOH !

I'm not sure that's true, but even if it is, they'll be a release clause, a notice period - not compensation linked but a mutually agreed release. If not then the contract is in perpetuity which is impossible.

4 minutes ago, Walt said:

Yeah, I read that. You had me seriously worried as I was in total agreement !

It's taken me some time to figure out if I had gone mad and joined you in the happy place...but no it was the madman who was talking utter sense all along whilst the others were lapping up any old shyte. Worrying times mate.

Thing is, we STILL don't know what's happened, so I wouldn't be taking a victory lap just yet

1 hour ago, shez owl said:

Today he is our manager, the manager who with his coaching team turned our season around last term. You support him today, end of. 

I thought it was Bullen who did that.

Guest Ash76
8 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

Straw clutching there...wow.  He looks like he's just nodding in acknowledgment of being shouted at, he probably didn't even hear what he said!

Yeah you’re right, that was probably Ashley he was talking to on the phone too 

:duntmatter:

Edited by Ash76

6 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

4 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

Straw clutching there...wow.  He looks like he's just nodding in acknowledgment of being shouted at, he probably didn't even hear what he said!

34 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Not totally convinced that was a nod of agreement to be honest. Look more like a nod of, 'yeah right, i'm going to tell some bloke who asked from the stand how it is'.

lol