Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

We obviously don’t know all the facts, but suspect the reason he’s still here is down to Ashley not paying up, rather than Bruce’s desire to manage Sheffield Wednesday. 

Will await the facts, but let’s not turn this into a loyalty story. 

Why wait for the facts. Everyone seems happy to run with a disloyalty story without them.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Word in the press room is that he’s turned down the chance to manage boyhood club

Fair enough. Could be that Ashley won’t pay the compo, and the story needs spinning as he has to come back here with his tail between his legs?

1 minute ago, Fuzzy logics said:

If he does stay i hope all those who gave him a slating on the strength of a few twitter rumours will be man enough to eat their insults?

Right that's going to happen.

6 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Can we close the thread now and get on with supporting Wednesday?

Whooooa, hold on a mo, I haven't posted in this fred yet, waiting to see what happens, so no closing allowed until the fat lady sings.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

I'd also like to think he would stay as professional as possible and do the best he can.

The best he can do is get us promoted this year and earn the right to move if he wants. Hopefully a line can be drawn under this whole sorry saga and maybe we can even use it to galvanise the squad. It doesn’t have to be a milestone round our necks. Also it could pave the way for Bruce and Chansiri to iron out any reported differences re transfer targets and help them find some common ground to get cracking on with some business (embargo depending).

The transfer rumour thread has been much neglected these last few days. :biggrin:

HMSPisstheleague has restarted its engines and is ready to set sail!! UTO

28 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Not sure if true and/or posted yet

Bugger, I wish somebody had warned me about him turning Newcastle down.  I've just been arrested for having a dump in Sports Direct changing room.

Edited by mogbad
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, vulva said:

Fair enough. Could be that Ashley won’t pay the compo, and the story needs spinning as he has to come back here with his tail between his legs?

Is that preferable to having him sulk and drag the saga out to try and get a move?

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Is that preferable to having him sulk and drag the saga out to try and get a move?

In my honest opinion, he should have gone. A deal should have been struck. Best for all parties.