Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

1 minute ago, vulva said:

In my honest opinion, he should have gone. A deal should have been struck. Best for all parties. 

If it proves to have been true then that may have been the best option, certainly better than it dragging on and that being the end result anyway.

However, Bruce is the manager I wanted for us to be kicking off the new season under and I was confident of a decent campaign under him. If we needed to look for a new manager now anyone we go for would have us over a barrel in terms of bargaining position and would always have the excuse of having no time to prepare for the start of this season.

There's also the fact that at least some of the new signings and contract extensions we have secured this summer did so at least partly on the basis of Bruce's plans for the season and they might well be a bit disillusioned if he was to leave.  

Just now, Colinwestzicoest said:

No way. If this is true I honestly believe he's seen the light & Chansiri has blazed a trail for all lower league clubs to stand up to premier League bullying. 

And agree with that. Just dislike disloyalty. On the face of it neither Bruce or FF want/wanted to be here. Let them go. The football club will always be bigger and what happens next week if say Wolves come in for Bruce? Players and managers move on, get that, but this story has left a very nasty taste. 

1 minute ago, sw1867 said:

Having Bruce in charge represents the best chance of us getting promotion this season.

now we have used our last get out of jail card in selling the ground, this season is sh*t or bust.

why would Bruce leaving therefore be the best for all parties?

Because they wanted him and it’s a fair assumption to say he wanted to go. As a result, we have a manager with his head elsewhere. Shake hands, move on. 

Newcastle asked to speak to SB, DC said he was in agreement as he thought at least we can get some cash in.

SB met MA and said no thanks mate , I ve told you twice before.

Could be that DC encouraged the situation purely from financial aspect.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Perhaps he’s trying to stay on DC’s good side knowing that if he pi$$ed him off even more he would be even more stubborn letting him go? I think I still want Bruce to stay, I just feel like my birds necked someone else and I don’t know whether to stay or leave her. :-)

Can she cook a mean dinner and give a good blowy? Forgive

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Because they wanted him and it’s a fair assumption to say he wanted to go. As a result, we have a manager with his head elsewhere. Shake hands, move on. 

How many managers or players wouldn't have their head turned by the chance of managing or playing in the PL?

That is just the way of the football world. If Bruce accepts that the club won't let him leave easily - as per the contract he signed - and Newcastle don't feel he is worth paying our price for, then he is still the best man for the job here.

No matter who we have as manager, they would all consider a move to a PL team if the opportunity arose. 

Just now, sw1867 said:

I understand what you are saying but would you agree Bruce, his backroom staff and the last 6 months planning currently represent the best option for this season.

putting rumour and guess work to one side, we don’t know he has spoken to NUFC or even wants to leave.

surely he should receive the benefit of the doubt until some concrete news emerges?

Agree. But let’s not forget the last time this happened under Big Ron we finished 3rd and ended up in 2 Cup Finals 3 years later. Bruce was a great pick for where we are at present, but there are other football managers available. 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

How many managers or players wouldn't have their head turned by the chance of managing or playing in the PL?

That is just the way of the football world. If Bruce accepts that the club won't let him leave easily - as per the contract he signed - and Newcastle don't feel he is worth paying our price for, then he is still the best man for the job here.

No matter who we have as manager, they would all consider a move to a PL team if the opportunity arose. 

5 months in after the backstory of the cricket etc??? It’s a bit of a stinker tbf. 

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

And agree with that. Just dislike disloyalty. On the face of it neither Bruce or FF want/wanted to be here. Let them go. The football club will always be bigger and what happens next week if say Wolves come in for Bruce? Players and managers move on, get that, but this story has left a very nasty taste. 

Totally agree mate but for me if be happy to move on from this pretty quickly seen as we're so far down the track in terms of signings on and off the field and the season starting in 3 weeks. What a beast of a football club this is.

Guest Ash76

Sky sports just showed a video clip. Fan clearly heard asking SB ‘are you staying?’ Brice nodded his head and smiled 

Just now, vulva said:

5 months in after the backstory of the cricket etc??? It’s a bit of a stinker tbf. 

Completely agree it leaves a bad taste but I doubt any other manager, perhaps aside from a true Wednesday fan, wouldn't still at least consider the move.

If Bruce accepts that the reason the move might not happen is that Newcastle aren't prepared to pay the fee that he believed he and his backroom team were worth when they agreed their contract with us then he is the best man to lead our team this season.

Guest The Horse

Turned it down, hmm?

Shades of Big Ron here.

Which means he'll be gone on Monday.

Edited by The Horse