Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Someone made a good point that the £5m compo is what Juventus just paid Chelsea for Sarri ......

Ashley won’t pay it 

Yeah but Chelsea wanted shut of Sarri anyway so I can’t imagine much haggling going on 

18 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Don't tell that to my mate who had Phil Scolari on at 20/1 in being the England manager years ago. He went in to 1/12, England confirmed he'd been approached, Scolari said it was a job he was interested in, and then he turned it down! lol

The current odds suggest the combination of significant money laid AND evidence of interest/talks. Those talks don't always result in a deal getting done though...

Don’t get me wrong I hope it’s a similar situation what you just written down there I would like Bruce to stay but I think we’re just clutching at straws now Hoping that he will turn it down 

• Like 1

Just now, S1Owl said:

No official approach--He's been put off by the reception he'll get, now he's off and all about the compo. 

If he does want to go and DC stalls it by wanting £10 million, it's not gonna be a great atmosphere if he stays.

£10mill? Could swap him for Gayle? :Sid:

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It will be agreed, Bruce wants the move and Chansiri is already lining up Stendel as his successor. Compo we want is not 5m as some are quoting. Will meet in the middle somewhere. Apparently staff found out before Portugal. 

Source - my mate. Sometimes messages me truths, sometimes turns out rounduns. Take that as you want 

lol

WTF:

2 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

No official approach--He's been put off by the reception he'll get, now he's off and all about the compo. 

If he does want to go and DC stalls it by wanting £10 million, it's not gonna be a great atmosphere if he stays.

He'll get the same clap and cheering and songs as usual from me so long as he's our manager. Can't blame a man for considering your boyhood club then deciding it's not quit right.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Owlsend said:

Don’t get me wrong I hope it’s a similar situation what you just written down there I would like Bruce to stay but I think we’re just clutching at straws now Hoping that he will turn it down 

Hope not, cos I've just backed Bruce not to be the next Newcastle manager at 37/10! lol

11 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It will be agreed, Bruce wants the move and Chansiri is already lining up Stendel as his successor. Compo we want is not 5m as some are quoting. Will meet in the middle somewhere. Apparently staff found out before Portugal. 

Source - my mate. Sometimes messages me truths, sometimes turns out rounduns. Take that as you want 

lol

Yep your mate just messaged me as well, said the same thing. Compo we want is not 5m it's 10m and we're going to meet in the middle. :Sid:

1 minute ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Hope not, cos I've just backed Bruce not to be the next Newcastle manager at 37/10! lol

Shows that the bookies have no idea.

1/20 odds for him to go and only 37/10 for him to stay?

2 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

He'll get the same clap and cheering and songs as usual from me so long as he's our manager. Can't blame a man for considering your boyhood club then deciding it's not quit right.

Aye, "Come on Brucie, let's do this, Brucie, Brucie, Brucie ........... s h i t one nowt down already ........... Bruce Out, Bruce Out, Bruce Out.

lol

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, sharrowowl said:

Its not £10 million. Double it and add another £15 mill and your getting closer. Can't reveal source.

Lovely work DC, we'll be out of the embargo. £5mill + Gayle, then go buy Hector and bring in a manager that wants to be here. Then storm the League and swap places with the Pigs :Chansiri: DC's masterplan is genius :ghoulguy:

18 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Again, a simple statement would have put it to bed, the fact there hasn't been speaks volumes. 

Why should he comment on something that as far as he's concerned doesn't exist.

That's what the stirrers want

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Why should he comment on something that as far as he's concerned doesn't exist.

That's what the stirrers want

Wait, commenting to tell the fans there is nothing in it, is what the stirrers want? Do I need to be drunk to understand that logic?