Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

3 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

They can have Bruce for the transfer war chest Ashley promised Bruce. Then when Bruce goes there he can't buy anyone but we can buy anyone we want at this level :Chansiri::ghoulguy:

Oh that 60 mill war chest is down to 10 after Man U told them to f*ck off coz they wanted 50 mill for Longstaff :Sid:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Shows that the bookies have no idea.

1/20 odds for him to go and only 37/10 for him to stay?

Company I went with - MarathonBet - had much shorter odds for him going (1/6 I think).

Sky was still 1/20, so plenty of value in shopping around.

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

1 minute ago, The Night-Owl said:

They can have Bruce for the transfer war chest Ashley promised Bruce. Then when Bruce goes there he can't buy anyone but we can buy anyone we want at this level :Chansiri::ghoulguy:

We all know about Ashley's promises, don't we? We used to have one at Sheffield Wednesday. Never trust an Ashley, innit? :ghoulguy:

• Haha 1

The Geordies want DC to take Ashley for every penny, then they will erect a statue of DC for killing off Ashley :ghoulguy:

• #2529 by mrmojorisin75 on 12 Jul, 2019 16:54
  • you'd have to assume that they thought bruce was gonna come very cheap in terms of compo and it's not playing out that way

hope wednesday absolutely f*** them to death over it
Edited by The Night-Owl

6 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Wait, commenting to tell the fans there is nothing in it, is what the stirrers want? Do I need to be drunk to understand that logic?

Ok sorry I'll put it in a way you might understand.. they want a reaction so it heats up the pot

25 minutes ago, REDOWL said:

One things for sure through all this. As per usual we the fans are being treated as mere bystanders that don’t matter. No statement from the Club or Steve Bruce regarding anything. We are just expected to keep nodding with approval and chucking our money at the Club,which we have done for years.

Whether Bruce stays or goes there is one cast iron guarantee and that is we will still be here come what may.

WAWAW

What would you like them to say really at this point?....it's on ...no it's off.. oh hang on its back on....bloody hell have a bit of patience

7 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Yesterday I had completely adamant he was gone. However today its not looking as simple as it was. Be very interesting if he’s in the dugout tomorrow. 

Exactly why I’ve had a punt he’ll stay.

Kicking myself yesterday I didn’t put a few quid on him going at 33/1 - least if he’d gone, I’d have been sad but a grand better off.

Now, if by some twist of fate he stays, I’ll be happy and have a weekend of free beers to come!

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

Absolutely. Worry for me now is that DC will point out that he went British, as the fanbase clamoured for, and it ended up like this, and then employ a goat farmer called Baruk from Kefalonia. 

Fans wanted someone with a track record of promotion from the Championship......don't remember the insistence on Nationality

4 minutes ago, vulva said:

Absolutely. Worry for me now is that DC will point out that he went British, as the fanbase clamoured for, and it ended up like this, and then employ a goat farmer called Baruk from Kefalonia. 

Aye, DC will be looking for someone that will stick around. Nuhiu for Player-Manager next then. :ph34r:

Just now, asteener1867 said:

Fans wanted someone with a track record of promotion from the Championship......don't remember the insistence on Nationality

Not sure on that. After Carlos and that German tasted porridge gun, I think the preference was for British. 

6 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Ok sorry I'll put it in a way you might understand.. they want a reaction so it heats up the pot

Wait, so DC and Steve Bruce putting out a statement saying he isn't interested, theres no contact, and even if there was, he isn't interested and is fully focused on us, somehow fires up Newcastle? Or sky, or Nixon?would somehow