Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Decisions need to be made. I'd hope to hear today one way or the other. DC won't want this dragging on open-ended. 

Yes I agree,  would have thought that the timescale left for the beginning of the season, will mean that this be resolved one way or the other this weekend. I'd have thought that DC has told MA to "do one" (or the Thai equivalent) if not... 

Just now, S1Owl said:

How can he be taking training in Wednesday gear yet still going.. Surely there'd be bad vibes amongst players etc.. That he's training. 

But at this moment in time, he's not going.

Newcastle are refusing to pay the required compo.

So, he's our manager and it's business as usual. For now.

Just now, 2roland2 said:

There’s a lot of people just taking it as gospel that he’s actually spoken to Newcastle. 

Sky have had a reported in Newcastle, all day yesterday he did t see him, no one has followed him and seen him meeting Ashley or his reps. 

Hes here at training this morning, and his assistants are playing cricket happily with one of the players. 

Maybe, just maybe Newcastle have sounded him out and Chansiri has said fizz you , or maybe they have t even made the approach yet.

bruce is getting dogs abuse and we do t even know the truth yet.

It's certainly not as plain cut as the likes of Sky are making out.

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, owlZfan84 said:

I'm fully expecting Ashley not to pay up the required amount.

And I think we'll get a statement later, from DC, to that effect.

'Bruce is still our manager, Newcastle won't pay the required compo and I'm off to Hollywood bowl - no bumpers'.

Im not so confident, but there needs to be a definitive outcome, stay or go. We want him committed to the cause, Newcastle want him on the plane tomorrow. Very distinct window of opportunity to resolve. 

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

There’s a lot of people just taking it as gospel that he’s actually spoken to Newcastle. 

Sky have had a reported in Newcastle, all day yesterday he did t see him, no one has followed him and seen him meeting Ashley or his reps. 

Hes here at training this morning, and his assistants are playing cricket happily with one of the players. 

Maybe, just maybe Newcastle have sounded him out and Chansiri has said fizz you , or maybe they have t even made the approach yet.

bruce is getting dogs abuse and we do t even know the truth yet.

Possibly... you’d like to think we’d as a club make some sort of statement or issue a hands off warning to reassure us. 

4 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Is there a chance Bruce could be pressured into walking ? Then we get no compo at all ? 

Think Newcastle would still have to stump up compo for him.

We'd just lodge a complaint of tapping up.

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, owlZfan84 said:

I'm fully expecting Ashley not to pay up the required amount.

And I think we'll get a statement later, from DC, to that effect.

'Bruce is still our manager, Newcastle won't pay the required compo and I'm off to Hollywood bowl - no bumpers'.

Im not so confident, but there needs to be a definitive outcome, stay or go. We want him committed to the cause, Newcastle want him on the plane tomorrow. Very distinct window of opportunity to resolve. 

Whilst it's not unusual, technically not one of the people involved has officially commented - no statement whatsoever from any side.

The strange simultaneous sightings of Bruce getting into a limo at Hillsborough, and at SJP show half of what's being reported is probably bob.

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Really will have doubts about Bruce if he stays. Does he really want to be here? 

Indeed.

Fans, players etc., the relationship would be tenuous at best.

A sticky patch of form and the *well, he doesn't even want to be here* line will be trotted out pretty quickly. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Indeed.

Fans, players etc., the relationship would be tenuous at best.

A sticky patch of form and the *well, he doesn't even want to be here* line will be trotted out pretty quickly. 

If he stays then it will all depend on how it's communicated.

Let's face it i'd only be upset if it became concrete that SB had instigated the interest

If it's just that he wnted to see what the opportunity was then I'm ok with that.

1 minute ago, Animis said:

The strange simultaneous sightings of Bruce getting into a limo at Hillsborough, and at SJP show half of what's being reported is probably bob.

I bet SB's dog is also a bit miffed about broken promises yesterday.... 

• Haha 1

I'd be surprised if it wasn't purely about compensation now,  however that is certainly far from a formality when considering both clubs chairman which of course would explain the delay. 

You have MA who has a reputation for not paying compensation for management, and DC who demands over the odds for everything. The two are not compatible. 

• Like 1