Jordan Hugill

4 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Fletcher is 32 and patched up most weeks. Nuhiu as mobile as a wardrobe. It's clear that Bruce wants to press from the front. That'll break Fletcher over 46 games. With Atdhe chasing shadows, he's better coming off the bench latter stages. Hugill would be a younger, mobile, and more robust option. 

spot on bud Hugill has pace,cost boro 10 mill if i remember right,somebody said earlier like Nuhui ?no he can hit a barn door 

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

Exactly that ^^^

He's too soft, and managers question him. Carlos said we lost Joao's head in the clouds, and Bruce has said he wants Joao "right between the ears". Those aren't compliments. 

SB want's rid of Joao,FF and Rhodes,Hugill would be brill if we could get him

Just watched the regulatory YouTube compilation and I like what I see. Will ask the guy at work tomorrow who's a West ham fan, see what the deal is.

But we need to get the dead wood out first. Then loan this guy.

Edited by agentwalker

5 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

spot on bud Hugill has pace,cost boro 10 mill if i remember right,somebody said earlier like Nuhui ?no he can hit a barn door 

Seems good for around 5 goals a season

His best spell seems to be at Preston, where he also averaged 5 a season, over 4 years 

He must offer something though. I bow to those who have seen him, more than a couple of times 

Screenshot_20190623-170141_Chrome.thumb.jpg.79a72e267cc6ab5abc841a289a1098e0.jpg

13 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

I think Nuhiu actually has a better scoring record than Hugill, and we all know that just because some one was daft enough to pay it, it doesn't mean the player is worth it.

Dunno about Hugill, he’s not a bad player but I think of we lose FF Joao and Rhodes id like us to bring in someone a bit special , who’s got a bit more to offer than Hugill who I think would probably compete with Fletch for a shirt and if Fletch comes back in the form he was in at back end of last season Hugill won’t get a sniff 

5 hours ago, camffiti said:

His best spell seems to be at Preston, where he also averaged 5 a season, over 4 years 

He must offer something though. I bow to those who have seen him, more than a couple of times 

Screenshot_20190623-170141_Chrome.thumb.jpg.79a72e267cc6ab5abc841a289a1098e0.jpg

Those stats are terrible. Scored 43 goals in his entire (6 year) career to date?

Edited by striker

5 hours ago, camffiti said:

Look at the clubs he played for how jammy are Preston!!! Pick this guy up for nowt loan him out a few times 1 good season BOOM 10 million 

Edited by stocksyuto

I go to about 5 PNE games a season due to having a mate working at the club.  Saw Reach and Hugill when they played in the same team and you could tell that Reach was a class above the rest of the squad, hence why I was excited when we got him.

Hugill has never been at the same level imho - a decent and brace striker but not worth the hype or money.

Here is the one game I remember most as Reach got into the box and assisted Hugill who bravely headed in - sums them both up well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBWX7TOVwrU

18 hours ago, beloved_aunt said:

Joao?

He said "robust" joao is like a wet blanket when defenders get physical.. Its a shame his mental attitude isn't strong enough as he has all the physical attributes, technique and a bit of pace to be a very good player if he'd gain a bit of bottle, but like Reach,hes too soft. Would be awesome with someone like deeney's attitude, desire and workrate. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

If this is the type of striker we are after I suspect Bruce is looking at a lone front man with two attacking wingers supporting him.

Fletcher can can play this role, however not for 46 games a season. He probably sees Nuhiu as an option off the bench. 

We’ll need someone else to carry the workload of this role. Hugill would tick this box. 

The key for me is who SB brings in to support this role. We need legs from midfield running beyond the front man and pace out wide. Of which we don’t really have either at the moment. 

20 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Who doesn’t score

That’s not true though. Need a bit of everything in the team. 

A player with Jordan Hugills attributes who gets 20/30 a season is out of our reach because they are pretty much David Hirst.

Edited by Bluesteel

3 minutes ago, DesWalker said:

If this is the type of striker we are after I suspect Bruce is looking at a lone front man with two attacking wingers supporting him.

Fletcher can can play this role, however not for 46 games a season. He probably sees Nuhiu as an option off the bench. 

We’ll need someone else to carry the workload of this role. Hugill would tick this box. 

The key for me is who SB brings in to support this role. We need legs from midfield running beyond the front man and pace out wide. Of which we don’t really have either at the moment. 

So the Harris rumour wouldn’t make sense, if that were the case He never scores. Certainly I wouldn’t be adverse to playing that way, but you have give yourself a decent chance of making it work. Neither Fletcher nor Hugill are prolific, so you’d need goals aplenty from out wide, and that rules Harris out