Jordan Hugill

3 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Next season if we are going with a forward line of Hugil, Fletcher, Nuhiu and Winnall I really struggle to see where the goals will come from to maintain a top 6 push.

Dont think Winnall will be here. I think we will go one up front and have winger/attacking mids with a goal threat of their own.

2 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

How do we know Bruce has not got a striker in mind as well as Hugill.

We don’t I suppose, though he’d have to be some prolific striker if the others were Hugill, Harris and Fletcher

14 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

So the Harris rumour wouldn’t make sense, if that were the case He never scores. Certainly I wouldn’t be adverse to playing that way, but you have give yourself a decent chance of making it work. Neither Fletcher nor Hugill are prolific, so you’d need goals aplenty from out wide, and that rules Harris out

We'd be looking for 20-25 goals from that position.

I don't think Harris (if true) would be our only signing who can play that role out wide.  An established 'prolific' striker in the Championship would cost upwards of 12m so I don't think that is an option.  

For me the most important thing is the way we approach games.  I hope to see us playing with a higher tempo, getting forward quicker with more athletic players, pressing teams higher.  That in itself should lead to us creating more chances, which in turn would suggest a better output from the forwards.  We saw this when Bruce came in and Fletcher started scoring more frequently in the 2nd half of the season.

I don't think we should judge players too much on their past performances.  Despite Harris not scoring that many historically it would be remiss to say he won't score enough goals as playing in a different system with a different manager we simply just don't know.

27 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

How do we know Bruce has not got a striker in mind as well as Hugill.

100% we won’t just bring in one striker. We released Hooper and if Joao, Forestieri and Rhodes leave like it’s suggesting. We aren’t going to just rely on Fletcher, Winnall and Nuhiu.