When Wednesday played Real Madrid

I've heard from inside source at the club we will be playing Real Madrid. They will  probably play reserve players. On the 13th of July. Game to be taking place in Bordeaux. We also have a friendly in Arachon on the 14th

Edited by flo

On ‎28‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 09:05, Clowne Owl said:

I think some of us can still say we've never seen that goal.

I'm probably the only person in the world with a copy of this unless the Spanish TV company still has the recording so it's good as you'll ever see lol

On 27/05/2019 at 22:56, owl-zat said:

Two days after playing Blackburn on a Sunday at Hillsborough Sheffield Wednesday flew off to play Real Madrid in a little known game to celebrate the opening of a new stadium in Córdoba, Spain in March 1994.

Below is our goal scored by Shezza which I’m guessing probably no one has seen before in the 3-1 defeat and team line-ups from the night.

952F22A4-FD20-462D-A5DC-FDA247C55BCD.jpeg

AF726C5C-43F8-47EE-B337-65FA17B37F7C.jpeg

Never knew about this; pretty cool! 

3 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

If you look closely at 1.03 mins in I'm the tall guy in the Tacchini blue n white square shirt (like the one Jimmy Connors used to wear).

Blonde spikey hair ....

like Paul Simonon.

only better looking ......

image.jpeg.76ba8c972fd4c61033090a59cf24e66e.jpeg

Easy mistake to make WTF:

Edited by glynnb
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, owl-zat said:

I'm probably the only person in the world with a copy of this unless the Spanish TV company still has the recording so it's good as you'll ever see lol

I just love obscure stuff like this.  Doesn't matter about the quality, the fact that we've seen it is great. Thanks for posting. 

On 27/05/2019 at 23:07, owl-zat said:

No Waddle, Hirst, Woods, Nilsson who were regulars back then so presume they were rested being only a couple of days after a league game, instead the Spanish were treated to the cultured Andy Pearce lol 

Subs included Poric, Watson and Tricky Trev.

How did you know about this game James?

Were you on the turnstiles?