Have we sold our ground

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

Go on.

OK then, I'll go to bed and sleep with a smile on my fizzog so you can all work it out together. Might tell you all tomorrow if I'm in a good mood lol   Goodnight lads, and happy hunting.

3 hours ago, cognacbarnowl said:

Titter away boys ; titter away. 

When and if I finally surprise you with my real life persona you will all be gobsmacked. I have left hardly subtle clues to my identity throughout my postings and anyone who can think logically can work out who I am. 

Good lick lads lol 

Nannette Newman? A buffalo with an aqualung? 

• Haha 3

On 19/05/2019 at 15:18, 2roland2 said:

I don’t think anyone can stop him doing his own thing which is my biggest concern, I just think he will gamble unTIL no options are left.

Fans can change everything but at the moment most are looking at the premier league dream with start eyes and letting a lot of things slide which perviously wouldn’t have been allowed with past owners. 

A better way to raise dosh would be for Chansiri to sell some of his voting shares to fans.

Would also help balance his management style and engage better with Owls community.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

A better way to raise dosh would be for Chansiri to sell some of his voting shares to fans.

Would also help balance his management style and engage better with Owls community.

I am not sure this is a realistic. No one is going to plough thick end of £100m into the club without having 100% control over it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

The club has been losing up to £20m a season which DC has bankrolled.  If the fans held let's say 10% of the shares DC would  be well within his rights to ask the fans to fork out £2m as towards the losses.

7 minutes ago, mogbad said:

The club has been losing up to £20m a season which DC has bankrolled.  If the fans held let's say 10% of the shares DC would  be well within his rights to ask the fans to fork out £2m as towards the losses.

Is the club losing £20m a season or is the guy in charge losing £20m a season because the club is not being managed correctly.

To manage a club correctly you have to maximise income and reduce costs:

Maximise income from sponsorship, corporate entertaining, the fans, merchandise that people want at a price they are prepared to pay, sell players at the right time or the right price

Reduce cost - get players off the wage bill not playing, loan out squad players to get first team football, make the ground an income source outside of match days.

Do this with any level of competences and the losses would be less, the only think I can see he is doing from the above is maximise income from the fans.

We need to end the excuses and get people into the club that can take us forward and address our many short comings, a director of football could be the most important signing DC has ever made and a Corporate manager who knows how to manage a football team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mogbad said:

Fair points mate but he's only loaned money to us , not gifted this.

Plus clubs run by fans seem to do well at Barcelona, Real MADRID , Bayern Munich etc.

Would you have bought Urby for £20,000 salary per week? Of course, not. 

Just now, fred mciver said:

Plus clubs run by fans seem to do well at Barcelona, Real MADRID , Bayern Munich etc.

I know its the transfers of Rhodes and Abdi that stick in the mind of supporters most but I think the signings of Urby and Lachmann looking back are far more worrying. Players coming in on big wages who were deemed nowhere near good enough for the first team. 

4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I know its the transfers of Rhodes and Abdi that stick in the mind of supporters most but I think the signings of Urby and Lachmann looking back are far more worrying. Players coming in on big wages who were deemed nowhere near good enough for the first team. 

Doyen were very close to Watford and you just gotta suspect that they knew Abdi was gonna be a problem.

Chansiri got well mugged again but he's now wising up quickly. No more daft presents like Rhodes, hopefully. 

3 hours ago, fred mciver said:

Wish I could neg this more than once.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

13 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Just proves that Carlos's insistence that he chose the players was complete gonads.

55 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Barca are currently £152m in debt, Real are £101m in debt. Not exactly well run on the balance sheets

Edited by Minton

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Is the club losing £20m a season or is the guy in charge losing £20m a season because the club is not being managed correctly.

To manage a club correctly you have to maximise income and reduce costs:

Maximise income from sponsorship, corporate entertaining, the fans, merchandise that people want at a price they are prepared to pay, sell players at the right time or the right price

Reduce cost - get players off the wage bill not playing, loan out squad players to get first team football, make the ground an income source outside of match days.

Do this with any level of competences and the losses would be less, the only think I can see he is doing from the above is maximise income from the fans.

We need to end the excuses and get people into the club that can take us forward and address our many short comings, a director of football could be the most important signing DC has ever made and a Corporate manager who knows how to manage a football team.

You should apply for the position as commercial executive to the club, Arfur. I'm certain they would welcome your knowledge and expertise within the game .

And I've no idea why my keyboard has suddenly jumped to italics, FFS lol 

11 minutes ago, cognacbarnowl said:

You should apply for the position as commercial executive to the club, Arfur. I'm certain they would welcome your knowledge and expertise within the game .

even Tyrion wouldn't fancy that job 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, cognacbarnowl said:

It is basic business sense make sure the money you have coming into the club is bigger than the money you spent.

Every business anywhere small or big have the same goal. Losing £20m a season even if you are covering the losses won't be sustained for long, before he either gets bored or we end up like a Bolton or some of the other clubs run by chairman who don't understand what they are doing.