Have we sold our ground

52 minutes ago, cognacbarnowl said:

You should apply for the position as commercial executive to the club, Arfur. I'm certain they would welcome your knowledge and expertise within the game .

And I've no idea why my keyboard has suddenly jumped to italics, FFS lol 

Ctrl + I instead of Shift + I is my guess.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, room0035 said:

It is basic business sense make sure the money you have coming into the club is bigger than the money you spent.

Every business anywhere small or big have the same goal. Losing £20m a season even if you are covering the losses won't be sustained for long, before he either gets bored or we end up like a Bolton or some of the other clubs run by chairman who don't understand what they are doing.

99% of championship clubs make a loss. It's sustainable if you have an owner willing to sustain it. Something Chansiri has reiterated that's he's willing to do time and time again.

Just now, Hitcat said:

99% of championship clubs make a loss. It's sustainable if you have an owner willing to sustain it. Something Chansiri has reiterated that's he's willing to do time and time again.

But its not sustainable if you keep breaking the rules.

Sustainable within the losses limits, all good

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

Is the club losing £20m a season or is the guy in charge losing £20m a season because the club is not being managed correctly.

To manage a club correctly you have to maximise income and reduce costs:

Maximise income from sponsorship, corporate entertaining, the fans, merchandise that people want at a price they are prepared to pay, sell players at the right time or the right price

Reduce cost - get players off the wage bill not playing, loan out squad players to get first team football, make the ground an income source outside of match days.

Do this with any level of competences and the losses would be less, the only think I can see he is doing from the above is maximise income from the fans.

We need to end the excuses and get people into the club that can take us forward and address our many short comings, a director of football could be the most important signing DC has ever made and a Corporate manager who knows how to manage a football team.

Then no club in the championship is being managed correctly.. there's a lot of terrible chairman out there it seems... Or perhaps, just perhaps there's a simpler answer?

Just now, room0035 said:

But its not sustainable if you keep breaking the rules.

Sustainable within the losses limits, all good

Hence Chansiri flogging the ground, which is WITHIN the rules.

1 minute ago, Hitcat said:

Then no club in the championship is being managed correctly.. there's a lot of terrible chairman out there it seems... Or perhaps, just perhaps there's a simpler answer?

You could say that but from 24 team probably only 4 or 5 of them are either in a transfer embargo for losses or soon will be.

Just now, Hitcat said:

Hence Chansiri flogging the ground, which is WITHIN the rules.

Don't get me started on that

Profit and Sustainability - it is within the rules to make a football club homeless by selling their ground. Who ever though this idea up to not stop this needs #@*..

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

You could say that but from 24 team probably only 4 or 5 of them are either in a transfer embargo for losses or soon will be.

Because Chansiri went for it. It didn't quite work out. Move on.

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Profit and Sustainability - it is within the rules to make a football club homeless by selling their ground. Who ever though this idea up to not stop this needs #@*..

Except we'll not be homeless. 

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

How many clubs actually own their grounds anyway? A fair few already lease their grounds from the council or 3rd parties

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Plus 8 or 9 with parachute payments, a couple selling their ground. Not many sustainable.

3 minutes ago, Minton said:

How many clubs actually own their grounds anyway? A fair few already lease their grounds from the council or 3rd parties

Exactly. Hillsborough will just be owned by another Chansiri subsidiary. No different to Arsenal.

7 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

Except we'll not be homeless. 

Not now but think this could cause problems in 3-4 years down the line if we are still a mid table Championship club.
Chansiri been badly advised on transfers, badly advised on giving out new contracts to players, badly advised on appointing Joss's Lukaky as manager, badly advised on kit manufacturers, badly advised on ticket prices and badly advised on things like 1867 Membership scheme.

Are you that confident he has not been badly advised on selling the ground to get past P&S rules?

Edited by matthefish2002

Just now, Hookowl said:

FlimsyBrilliantAztecant-size_restricted.gif

1 minute ago, cognacbarnowl said:

You should cover your keyboard with clingfilm when you go on THOSE sites , steely. A friend told me, FFS lol 

TBF I was saying that sticky keys was my guess at why your typing went funny 

but to avert any aspersions and tbf to @cognacbarnowlI was referring to his well known love of marmalade  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Minton said:

How many of those clubs decided to do this because they had built up losses which means they will break the league rules on losses I can think of 1, maybe 2 if Villa don't get promoted.