Have we sold our ground

1 minute ago, marcx666 said:

It's OT, someone on here will know, just to try and prove their point :Sid:

In 4 years no ones has found out what any of his business have ever done so this could be a good one WTF:

12 minutes ago, room0035 said:

In 4 years no ones has found out what any of his business have ever done so this could be a good one WTF:

Well he has mroe than the 100 quid McSue has put in of his own cash over the years, so, it's a start lol

Well he has mroe than the 100 quid McSue has put in of his own cash over the years, so, it's a start lol

I hate those at S2 but who can't argue with the way the club has been run the last few years.

Built a team of free agents, lower league players and good youth players. Sold players when needed and used the loan market well. All in all they are now in the premier league. Yes they have a good manager too. Instead of DC looking what Derby are doing to avoid the FFP. Maybe he should be looking at the way the other club in Sheffield is being run and managed for how to get success at this level without breaking the losses limits.

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I hate those at S2 but who can't argue with the way the club has been run the last few years.

Built a team of free agents, lower league players and good youth players. Sold players when needed and used the loan market well. All in all they are now in the premier league. Yes they have a good manager too. Instead of DC looking what Derby are doing to avoid the FFP. Maybe he should be looking at the way the other club in Sheffield is being run and managed for how to get success at this level without breaking the losses limits.

Well, he could stop putting money in, we get relegated, spend 6 years in league one, then come back up and do something. Can you honestly imagine the meltdown if he did that. 

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

They needed a huge loan from some dodgy Saudi to not fail the FFP.

In 3 seasons they've sold £14m of players (£10m of which was Brooks) and bought £12m of players. Not exactly mega bucks

3 minutes ago, Minton said:

They needed a huge loan from some dodgy Saudi to not fail the FFP.

In 3 seasons they've sold £14m of players (£10m of which was Brooks) and bought £12m of players. Not exactly mega bucks

Not forgetting the sell on clauses for Walker and Maguire  which brought in millions . 

5 minutes ago, Uncle Mort AMB said:

Not forgetting the sell on clauses for Walker and Maguire  which brought in millions . 

Walker was about £4m and Maguire was about £1.5m in sell on clauses

12 minutes ago, steelowl said:

serious question

who on here would accept a loan from the source the S2 lot did to keep us from an embargo ?

my view If I knew about it no way 

I actually asked that on a Bolton forum the other day, and even with all their sh*t they'd rather be where they are than have stuff like that, they had enough with Anderson and f*cking Bassini 

36 minutes ago, room0035 said:

It has been run by an owner who has been attempting to get into the PL for 12 years since the last time they got relegated with him in charge after he said they would become a PL mainstay.

That's 12 years, countless managers, 6 seasons in division 3 and all that achieved having received more money than many at Championship level in the same period due to player sales, sell-on fees received, parachute payments and the small mater of £50M Tevez saga money. Not to mention the fact the ground has been owned under a different umbrella to the club and rent has been paid on this. 

So yes, the last 3 years have been a success for them but it has taken McCabe 12 years, which has included half of that time in division 3. I take it you will allow Chansiri the same amount of time to get it right if you are full of praise for the way they are run?

I actually asked that on a Bolton forum the other day, and even with all their sh*t they'd rather be where they are than have stuff like that, they had enough with Anderson and f*cking Bassini 

indeed

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It has been run by an owner who has been attempting to get into the PL for 12 years since the last time they got relegated with him in charge after he said they would become a PL mainstay.

That's 12 years, countless managers, 6 seasons in division 3 and all that achieved having received more money than many at Championship level in the same period due to player sales, sell-on fees received, parachute payments and the small mater of £50M Tevez saga money. Not to mention the fact the ground has been owned under a different umbrella to the club and rent has been paid on this. 

So yes, the last 3 years have been a success for them but it has taken McCabe 12 years, which has included half of that time in division 3. I take it you will allow Chansiri the same amount of time to get it right if you are full of praise for the way they are run?

Not sure where you get £50m for Tezev from, United received 3 payments of £5m a season.

Yes mcSue has run them badly in the past but he has learnt from his mistakes, there is no denying that since they came back up to the championship all aspects of the way their club is run compared to ours is better.

DC has been here 4 1/2 years now and in that time we have nearly got promoted but instead of building on that near miss we have gone backwards, bad recruitment, silly negotiating on contract lengths, alienating fans who cannot afford to attend the games, failed scheme after failed scheme using the fans to pay more. A fan survey about the future of the club to then be ignored. A chairman putting the club up for sale then 1 month later denying ever doing it.

There is no denying DC passion to make the owls a success the problem is he continue to show that he has no idea how to do it. There will come a point where he stops funding the club and I can only hope at that point we are not that far in the poo that we go under. 

11 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Not sure where you get £50m for Tezev from, United received 3 payments of £5m a season.

Yes mcSue has run them badly in the past but he has learnt from his mistakes, there is no denying that since they came back up to the championship all aspects of the way their club is run compared to ours is better.

DC has been here 4 1/2 years now and in that time we have nearly got promoted but instead of building on that near miss we have gone backwards, bad recruitment, silly negotiating on contract lengths, alienating fans who cannot afford to attend the games, failed scheme after failed scheme using the fans to pay more. A fan survey about the future of the club to then be ignored. A chairman putting the club up for sale then 1 month later denying ever doing it.

There is no denying DC passion to make the owls a success the problem is he continue to show that he has no idea how to do it. There will come a point where he stops funding the club and I can only hope at that point we are not that far in the poo that we go under. 

Fair enough the money they got for Tevez was closer to £20M, hardly an insignificant figure at that time on top of parachute payments. 

So you admit their board made mistakes but you are still giving them a pat on the back after their 12 years of efforts and berating DC after his 4 years so far, none of which have been spent in division 3 unlike the owners of the club you now praise. It took them far more going backwards to get where they are now than we have experienced under DC.

As for alienating fans due to prices, I agree matchday prices are far too high. However, attendances under DC have reached a level not achieved in the previous 20 years which must be worthy of praise?

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Fair enough the money they got for Tevez was closer to £20M, hardly an insignificant figure at that time on top of parachute payments. 

So you admit their board made mistakes but you are still giving them a pat on the back after their 12 years of efforts and berating DC after his 4 years so far, none of which have been spent in division 3 unlike the owners of the club you now praise. It took them far more going backwards to get where they are now than we have experienced under DC.

No I am not.

Sheff United have made a lot of error I know I have spent many years ribbing my work mates who are blades, but you could equally say that they have learnt from those mistakes and have a model over the last 3-4 season that is working for them both on and off the field.

We have a chairman who in his own words does not have the experience to manage a football club and has made mistake after mistake after mistake, from the shirts, the prices, the radio coverage, the anniversary farce and so on and so on. Yes he admits these and yes he has undoubted passion for the club but each season we make the same mistakes again and again there is no signs coming from the club that any learning curve has happened other than the appointment of Steve Bruce as manager.

Now we are having to sell the ground and its land to avoid a likely embargo on players transfer due to breaking the losses allowed with the EFL. No one else is running the club only DC.

Can you honestly say we are a better run club now than when Milan was running the club?

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

No I am not.

Sheff United have made a lot of error I know I have spent many years ribbing my work mates who are blades, but you could equally say that they have learnt from those mistakes and have a model over the last 3-4 season that is working for them both on and off the field.

We have a chairman who in his own words does not have the experience to manage a football club and has made mistake after mistake after mistake, from the shirts, the prices, the radio coverage, the anniversary farce and so on and so on. Yes he admits these and yes he has undoubted passion for the club but each season we make the same mistakes again and again there is no signs coming from the club that any learning curve has happened other than the appointment of Steve Bruce as manager.

Now we are having to sell the ground and its land to avoid a likely embargo on players transfer due to breaking the losses allowed with the EFL. No one else is running the club only DC.

Can you honestly say we are a better run club now than when Milan was running the club?

Again, you point out all that is wrong with our club and only offer Bruce as a good decision.

I would say that is a major factor in being successful on the pitch - how many managers did McCabe appoint before he got it right with Wilder. They spent 6 seasons in division 3 - plenty of mistakes in that before the last 3 seasons, maybe it won't take DC as long to get it right or have to stoop so low before doing so?

You are aware that the club you are praising have been paying rent to their owner for it for years?

Edited by Guest

59 minutes ago, steelowl said:

serious question

who on here would accept a loan from the source the S2 lot did to keep us from an embargo ?

my view If I knew about it no way 

I couldn't care less if the money came from Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein or Ed Sheeran, money's money.

Are we really that naïve, that we think that the more money involved, the less corrupt it's source is likely to be?

1 minute ago, royalowlisback said:

I couldn't care less if the money came from Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein or Ed Sheeran, money's money.

Are we really that naïve, that we think that the more money involved, the less corrupt it's source is likely to be?

not sure if that second sentence is aimed at me  if so how on earth did you get that deduction ? 

as for your first sentence  - deary me 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Yeah, well run club...losing millions up to now, needing to sell off debt to the only skint Saudi, and taking out a 3m quid loan from Bin Laden's family to keep the lights on. Now airing their dirty laundry to everyone at high court.  Yes, they have been promoted on a lower budget than ours, but make no mistake they've spent more money than they earn clearly.  

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

not sure if that second sentence is aimed at me  if so how on earth did you get that deduction ? 

as for your first sentence  - deary me 

Money's money, who cared where it comes from? Do you need where every penny has come from? Do you think Chelsea got their money from the founder of Greenpeace?

Just now, royalowlisback said:

Money's money, who cared where it comes from? Do you need where every penny has come from? Do you think Chelsea got their money from the founder of Greenpeace?

perhaps just me that draws the line at terrorist  cash

• Haha 1