Player of the Year Vote

Hector.......I wasnt convinced originally,but gradually as the lad settled and found his feet,he became more influential.

Like a few others he really came to prominence after JL left,under first Bully then Brucie hes gone from strenght to strength ,hes got his weaknesses,theres room for improvement,but he seems to fit in well here,and hopefully a deal can be struck to keep the kid at the club as long as it doesnt break the bank,hel be on a decent wedge at the bridge,but if hes realistic and likes it here,he could just be part of something special next season.......heres hoping

6 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Are you dim? Don't vote Hector even if you think it's him. Alerts other clubs, puts his price up. Cmon guys have a think, be strategic here... 

Makes sense now. You were the one who voted Fox.

22 hours ago, N0rtherner said:

But for someone who has always been a beacon on the pitch even when we had to endure the poo under Jos, my vote simply had to go to Bannan.

Just thought of this...

Man walks into a greasy spoon.

”Got anything light?”

”I could make you a beacon butty.”

• Haha 1

On 24/04/2019 at 07:13, Holmowl said:

Several players make a great claim this year. Which is very healthy. Keep these here and watch us fly under Bruce in 19/20.

8th - Sam Hutchinson - brilliant partner for Bannan this season. Better than ever, higher up the pitch, improved distribution.

7th - Kieron Westwood - would have challenged for my vote had he played all year. Outstanding difference he has made.

6th - Leon Palmer - has become an excellent and reliable FB this year

5th - Tom Lees - poor start but got better and better. Lees and Hector is the new fitter faster stronger Lees and Loovens.

4th - Adam Reach - would have been a shoe-in December but others have joined the party. Super contribution from midfield.

3rd - Barry Bannan - brilliant early season and massive influence in so many goals

2nd - Michael Hector - could barely split him and my first choice, but...

1st - My vote - Steven Fletcher - magnificent season. Come back even fitter next season.

Leon?!?!

• Haha 2

For such a rollercoaster of a season we really have had a few stand out players that deserve credit. 

Hector has been immense, Fletch a warrior leading that front line, Bannan spaying passes as always, Westwood best keeper in the league, Reach and his moments of magic and a massive step up in performance levels and consistency for Palmer. 

Really is a difficult choice, Hector edged it for me though.