Player of the Year Vote

Really hard given it’s been a season of two halves but it’s got to be Hector, he’s been immense in the the last 4 or 5 minths, he’s our equivalent of Van Dijk. Westwood, Hutch and Fletcher all close. Reach was during the first half of the season. 

And Palmer definitely most improved - from mediocre last season to full international. And he’s still getting better - he’ll be one of our stars next season

Several players make a great claim this year. Which is very healthy. Keep these here and watch us fly under Bruce in 19/20.

8th - Sam Hutchinson - brilliant partner for Bannan this season. Better than ever, higher up the pitch, improved distribution.

7th - Kieron Westwood - would have challenged for my vote had he played all year. Outstanding difference he has made.

6th - Leon Palmer - has become an excellent and reliable FB this year

5th - Tom Lees - poor start but got better and better. Lees and Hector is the new fitter faster stronger Lees and Loovens.

4th - Adam Reach - would have been a shoe-in December but others have joined the party. Super contribution from midfield.

3rd - Barry Bannan - brilliant early season and massive influence in so many goals

2nd - Michael Hector - could barely split him and my first choice, but...

1st - My vote - Steven Fletcher - magnificent season. Come back even fitter next season.

10 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Jesus Christ man let it go he's been gone ages.

Not just you but constantly being mentioned by everyone. Forget him and look to the future.

Spot the tune

So here he is Stevie Brucie,

Everybody’s having fun,

Look to the future now,

He’s only just begu-u-un.

Edited by Holmowl

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Hector by a mile.

Special mentions to Reach and Bannan who started the season well and Fletcher, Westwood and Palmer unbelievably who have had a great end to the season. Also I don’t want to forget Iorfa. Has made a huge impact.

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

41 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Hector by a mile.

Special mentions to Reach and Bannan who started the season well and Fletcher, Westwood and Palmer unbelievably who have had a great end to the season. Also I don’t want to forget Iorfa. Has made a huge impact.

And you have named 7 players. Doesn’t that bode well for next season?

Imagine, your seven nailed-on starters, plus Lees and Hutchinson. You’ve almost picked the side right there. 

Bruce finds quality - just look at Iorfa, Aarons and Lazaar. 

So optimistic. 

1. Bannan

Easy to forgot how good he was whilst Jos was in charge. He was single handedly getting us through games at one point. To the extent that we even appear in the top 6 at one point, and there were articles about how important Joey was (when anyone with any understanding of football could see Joey was only surviving because Bannan was so good)

Throw in the fact that our tactics are usually ‘get the ball to Bannan and hope he can figure something out’ then I think his impact has been the greatest out of any.

2. Hector

3. Reach

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

And you have named 7 players. Doesn’t that bode well for next season?

Imagine, your seven nailed-on starters, plus Lees and Hutchinson. You’ve almost picked the side right there. 

Bruce finds quality - just look at Iorfa, Aarons and Lazaar. 

So optimistic. 

Me too mate if FFP doesn’t screw it up!!

Hector hasn't been here all season but he has been monumental since arriving. But for someone who has always been a beacon on the pitch even when we had to endure the poo under Jos, my vote simply had to go to Bannan.

Our midfield maestro deserves this award!