Bruce has to do this in summer

Westwood and Hector would be huge signings if we are to push for the top 6 next season. Sadly, I fear both will be out of our price range. In addition, if the pigs go up, don't rule out Wilder coming in for Hector, Joao and Fessi just to rub our noses in it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Craig enock said:

# westwood sign a new deal

# sign hector permanently 

# everyone else can go who are out of contract 

#sign Lazaar and arrons +1 more winger 

# make hutch or hector captain

# use the loan marker better

#bring through these youngsters 

Wawaw

Sign players like this !

Has to be the best free transfer of the season?

in fact most Norwich signings in the close season were free transfer.

69C59BBC-589C-4B64-887B-9FFE0ED34A9C.jpeg

Edited by OzOwl

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

First job will be to get Palmer to sign a new deal Does a great job, even when asked to play on the left. For all those who think Iorfa is a better right back, do you really go to games. I like Iorfa, he’s a valuable member of the squad, but better right back than Palmer, no chance

Iorfa will be Lees defensive partner when we fail to sign hector.

4 hours ago, BRADDO said:

Westwood and Hector would be huge signings if we are to push for the top 6 next season. Sadly, I fear both will be out of our price range. In addition, if the pigs go up, don't rule out Wilder coming in for Hector, Joao and Fessi just to rub our noses in it.

Nah, they don't fit his profile.

They need to have at least 3 years prison experience before he can sign any player :Sid:.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

You cant blame Bruce for incompetent referee`s . 

I am not blaming Bruce. Not at all.

However, this does need coaching in to whatever players we have next season.

It does cost us. 

8 hours ago, Mardy Bum said:

Just have a team of Westwood, Hector hutch and fletcher I'm happy at that. 

The formation (1-1-1 every game) would be easy to predict but might prove a bit lightweight over 46 games. WTF:

It would certainly be a test for Westwood;s goalkeeping ability though. :biggrin:

• Haha 1

Next season we need to massively trim our forward line.

In an ideal world for me we’d go with Fletcher, Joao, Forestieri and Rhodes. Let Hooper, Winnall, Nuhiu and Matias go.

The only contracts that would be renewed would be Westwood and Palmer.

We are desperate for cover in central midfield and need to bring at least 2 players in to cover for Bannan and Hutch.

We also need to try to sign Hector on a permanent deal.

All of the above are FFP allowing and if we do have to sell then you’d have to say that Forestieri and Reach are our most saleable assets.

Most importantly though Bruce has to get to the bottom of our terrible recent injury record, over the last 18 months I’ve not known anything like it.

I suppose the circumstances of each players injury might be totally different, but Bruce says it, pundits refer to it, and us fans believe it, we do tend to suffer more injuries than most. Is there a link? I don’t know, and the injuries, and how they came about, will need to be thoroughly investigated. It does mean though, that we will have to look very closely at any potential signing’s injury record. Again, I don’t know the details of Onomah, Aaron’s, Lazaar’s injury records before they came here, but it’s fair to say that, since they’ve been here, they’ve missed more games than they’ve played. 

When we have some players who have barely played a handful of games in their three years at the club, and only now can we offload them, then we have minimise the risk of letting it happen again. More so, now our spending capacity has been reduced. 

On playing ability alone, all three are good enough to improve our squad, if they were fit enough. Over to you Steve

Last nights 4-1-4-1 showed the template of how we need to play, 3 centrally in midfield and power and pace when supporting a single striker. Gets the best out of Fernando and stops the out numbering of our central midfield. From our contracted players for next year only iorfa, lees, Hutch, Bannan, Fletcher and Forestieri make the team. Anyone else can go and then it’s clear what Brucey needs. 

3 minutes ago, Themagiccap said:

Last nights 4-1-4-1 showed the template of how we need to play, 3 centrally in midfield and power and pace when supporting a single striker. Gets the best out of Fernando and stops the out numbering of our central midfield. From our contracted players for next year only iorfa, lees, Hutch, Bannan, Fletcher and Forestieri make the team. Anyone else can go and then it’s clear what Brucey needs. 

Agree, it looks a good system for us 

39 minutes ago, Colinwestzicoest said:

I believe the sole reason for our injury issues is the fact that we have an aging squad of key players. We need more youth in the side but that's hard when you're looking for key players with the experience & quality to make promotion immediate. 

We have brought in four loan players this season, none of whom can be described as anywhere near "ageing". Three of the four have spent more time out injured than on the field. Iorfa came in and got injured. There is no correlation between age and injuries at our club. Whether young or old, it seems that they are just as likely to be sidelined. The reasons, whatever they are, go deeper than the players' age or previous injury record.