Bruce has to do this in summer

2 hours ago, jack whitham said:

Players get injured.

2 hours ago, vulva said:

Agree. 

Lets try try and find players that don’t. Other teams seem to manage it quite easily. 

I agree with Vulva here. Let’s not sign players that are known to have had long term injuries. We should not sign players that have a real risk spending a significant amount of time in the physio’s room. 

I fear now that the recent, well documented injury problems at the club will be used as a reason for NOT loaning players to Sheffield Wednesday. There comes a point when things cannot simply be written off as bad luck or coincidence. Something is going on that needs dealing with. Would you want to send a promising young player out on loan to an injury graveyard?

11 hours ago, Craig enock said:

# westwood sign a new deal

# sign hector permanently 

# everyone else can go who are out of contract 

#sign Lazaar and arrons +1 more winger 

# make hutch or hector captain

# use the loan marker better

#bring through these youngsters 

Wawaw

First thing he MUST do is not to take any notice of advice given on Owlstalk.

11 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

No. 

He makes too many mistakes.  Giving away the free kick tonight is just one example.  He misses great opportunities, he makes the wrong pass, makes wrong runs....like tonight when Bannan tried to put him in.  He made a run beyond a defender, so Bannan passed to him, but he checked back.  

There's just something about him that doesn't sit right, especially after al this time injured, or out of form then all of a sudden, near the end of his contract, he starts to try.  He's had a good few months (back end of Jos, plus when Bruce/or Minions played him), I'll give him that, but it doesn't deserve a new deal off the back of it.  Would rather see Penney play in his place on from the bench.  

Disagree. He was fouled. The Norwich lad took his legs out. Very clever really. Conned the ref.

13 hours ago, Avon barksdale said:

Sorting the injuries out should be his number one priority. You could make an argument that despite dodgy managers and some dodgy signings, it’s injuries to so many key players that's the main reason we’ve not been promoted yet. 

the reason we've not been promoted is pisspoor management.

1 hour ago, ChinaOwl said:

I fear now that the recent, well documented injury problems at the club will be used as a reason for NOT loaning players to Sheffield Wednesday. There comes a point when things cannot simply be written off as bad luck or coincidence. Something is going on that needs dealing with. Would you want to send a promising young player out on loan to an injury graveyard?

Hector’s fine and others have been. I just think we sign some players with a history of injuries or coming back from injury and those tend to be injured again. 

3 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

the reason we've not been promoted is pisspoor management.

Is it though ?we had lots of injuries in Carlos second season, fletcher in particular and look how good he is now he’s fully fit. Look what Bruce has done with half a squad , imagine what could he have done with a fully fit one. Sorting injuries is a top priority, Bruce said it himself 

I love Kieran Lee quite possibly my favourite player of the last 3 or 4 seasons but we can't really rely on his fitness or ability to play most of the games so i don't really think he should be offered a new deal, same with Gary Hooper possibly and definitely regretfully 

2 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Hector’s fine and others have been. I just think we sign some players with a history of injuries or coming back from injury and those tend to be injured again. 

I think that could be a contributory factor but not the only factor. Something else is not adding up in all of this that goes deeper. Other clubs or managers sign this type of player especially when they are working on tight budgets but I have never come across any other club that consistently has injuries on the scale that Sheffield Wednesday have had for a number of years now. 

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Matias went into a tackle and didn’t get anywhere near the ball.

You can’t be surprised that ends up in a freekick

Maybe, but he also didn't really foul the lad. Look at it again. Matias didn't tackle. The Norwich lad swiped Matias standing leg from under him with his trailing leg which ended up with Matias landing on him. Like I said it was clever, and bought the free kick. I'm not complaining it was given, but I'm not going to give Matias grief for it.

5 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

Is it though ?we had lots of injuries in Carlos second season, fletcher in particular and look how good he is now he’s fully fit. Look what Bruce has done with half a squad , imagine what could he have done with a fully fit one. Sorting injuries is a top priority, Bruce said it himself 

it is a top priority, that itself calls for us to have a much bigger squad than we need to cover for them, BUT pisspoor management have cost us badly, on field, and off it too.

17 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Maybe, but he also didn't really foul the lad. Look at it again. Matias didn't tackle. The Norwich lad swiped Matias standing leg from under him with his trailing leg which ended up with Matias landing on him. Like I said it was clever, and bought the free kick. I'm not complaining it was given, but I'm not going to give Matias grief for it.

I know exactly what happened. It was naive.

56 minutes ago, heppers said:

Joao should have kept the ball in their corner. Losing possession moving towards goal was naive.

Giving the ball away was...no problem with moving towards the goal, especially as he went to the corner and the defender pretty much gifted him a path into the box

7 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Giving the ball away was...no problem with moving towards the goal, especially as he went to the corner and the defender pretty much gifted him a path into the box

He should have stayed in the corner in my opinion.

I hope he gets us a big centre half from a league below ideally in addition to Hector, we’ve been lucky with our lack of cover here. I suggested Sonny Bradley last summer leaving free from Plymouth, 6ft 4 and scores goals too but now he looks to be on his way up with Luton. These players make you millions if they have a good season. 

Generally speaking we need to be looking for Bruce to do us the kind of deals no one else saw like Lazaar and Aaron’s through his contacts but there is a football league full of players able to make the step up and they are the ones who want to prove themselves and add that energy we have lacked.