Barry Bannan

Seen him getting a lot of stick tonight (mainly on Twitter). Not sure what it looked like on Sky but I was at the match and you could quite clearly see he wasn’t fit. Especially second half he just didn’t have his usually energy. Think he’d have probably been subbed after 60 minutes if we’d have had better options on the bench. 

2 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Seen him getting a lot of stick tonight (mainly on Twitter). Not sure what it looked like on Sky but I was at the match and you could quite clearly see he wasn’t fit. Especially second half he just didn’t have his usually energy. Think he’d have probably been subbed after 60 minutes if we’d have had better options on the bench. 

Doubt he would be playing today but needs must.

Bannan is a class player, I honestly believe that he is.

But his style of play sometimes hinders us.

Nothing wrong with how he did today, as he had to drop far to deep to get on the ball, as our suply for him was non existant. 

If he's given time, he can be deadly.  He was given none today and looked very average.

We've seen it before.  Similar to Chelsea with Jorginho...you stop him, you stop the cog and the clock fails to work.  Leeds aren't stupid...he was targetted and we had no answer.  

He's a quality little player, but he needs better around him.  Fox?  Boyd?  An unfit Hooper?  An out of form Reach?  Next season he'll be pivotal, IMO.  

UTO.

7 minutes ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

As in the game at the Lane Bannan does not perform as well when pressed quickly.  This coupled with not being fully fit was detrimental to his performance. 

Our strength in the centre midfield areas is poor and once again highlights the appalling transfer policy of last couple of years. 

You are right, Bannan doesn't work when we get pressed. Not sure it is down to Bannan, though...

1 minute ago, Mr Meadows said:

Bet you weren’t saying that last Saturday!

no fit today

Been thinking it for a while not questioning his ability but think we need to move him on, Alex Ferguson in his prime always knew when to move a player on when everyone else thought he was daft to do so

1 minute ago, owler66 said:

Been thinking it for a while not questioning his ability but think we need to move him on, Alex Ferguson in his prime always knew when to move a player on when everyone else thought he was daft to do so

with hindsight FF should have gone after refusing to travel to Norwich, what was it we turned down 10m? WTF:

I might feel different to other fans but I am absolutely sick of players neshing out of tackles/headers etc. 

Bannan is one of the main culprits of this. It’s been going on since the Carlos days and I’ve had enough of it now. I can be sure SB won’t settle for it either.