The Refusal by Sheffield Wednesday to accept Legal Tender.

Well, we seem to have drifted a long way from my original point,  of freedom of choice in payment.

However, it seems to have stimulated Debate and elicited lots of interesting and amusing replies. 

And that's not a bad thing is it........

:Sid:

• Like 2

Just now, np pontefract said:

Well, we seem to have drifted a long way from my original point,  of freedom of choice in payment.

However, it seems to have stimulated Debate and elicited lots of interesting and amusing replies. 

And that's not a bad thing is it........

Exactly mate.i'm just pi55ing myself with laughter with what's been posted on here. :Sid:

9 hours ago, daleblue said:

See what you did there.

Problem with contactless, there was no receipt given, when I asked for one, was told they had no roll, asked for proof how much I had paid, lady put in a code and showed me how much I would be paying for said item, I said, " but that is for a new order" she said " yes, but it's what you paid", "show me the proof" I said, she couldn't.

So is it all down to trust that they don't put in the wrong details?

If they are going down this road, then at least make it professional.

Illegal not to offer a receipt

58 minutes ago, Nick the Owl said:

So what happens if we want to spend a penny? Do we now have to wee wee ourselves?

Just dont use the bogs on the Kop . Apparently there is a Todger watcher in the toilets. 

Not Jon Newsome

• Sheffield Wednesday First Team
  •  
  • Not Jon Newsome
  • Sheffield Wednesday Fan
  • 2,230 posts

The grey haired guy is a notorious pork sword gazer in the urinals at half time. 

Edited by S36 OWL
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, np pontefract said:

I have been supporting Sheffield Wednesday since I was a small boy in the late sixties.

In that time, I must have spent Thousands of pounds on Food and Drink inside the ground.

To me, a drink of Tea, Coffee or possibly Bovril and a pie, and an occasional Pint is part of what is often called the "Match day Experience".

That spending, inside the Ground, has now, sadly, come to an end.

It would appear that every kiosk in the North Stand has gone "Cashless".

The club are now Refusing to Accept Cash payments.(LEGAL TENDER)

I will not be "told how to pay" by the club. 

I will, of course, continue to purchase food and drink on match days, all of it OUTSIDE THE GROUND......

It’s really not that difficult. If you have a cash card it will most likely be contactless. 

Ask for a beer, tap your card on the reader, done. 

How anyone can have an issue with that is beyond me. Of all the things to moan about... 

2 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

It’s really not that difficult. If you have a cash card it will most likely be contactless. 

Ask for a beer, tap your card on the reader, done. 

How anyone can have an issue with that is beyond me. Of all the things to moan about... 

Mine is , but i wont use it. Id rather get cash out of the hole in the wall and pay cash at the till. 

• Haha 2

Just now, OWLERTON GHOST said:

No wonder there's queues in the concourses 

Thats the queue for the bogs , no one will use them on the North till the phantom farter has been for his half time dump .

• Haha 2

I got no problem with "cashless", but, electronic transactions allow for an "in", to your accounts, same "in" as you use.  So, I use throw-away cards for electronic transactions, but never a real bank-account.  

My biggest problem with "cashless", is the ability to track transaction history.  And you know what that means?  It means you are going to be "Coventrated" with sales-pitches by phone, computer, paper-mail...an endless stream of "buy my product."  And I might have, bought the product, if the seller didn't invade my privacy. 

Cash transactions are faster, somebody in front of you always has a problem with their "card", which requires a team of experts from 30 different Nations in order to sort out, and there's always the ever-present possibility of being "hacked."  In the end though, "cashless" is a marketing ploy, now the market knows what you buy, how often, and everything about your transactions.  Use your "card" and get bombarded, on a nuclear level, with advertisements, every time you turn on your computer, phone, "smart" television, etc.

Sorry for the rant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Rogers said:

Maybe we should have 1 cash only till and 2-3 card only tills. 

Lets see how much each till takes and how quick people get served 

Common sense and Rational thinking of this sort is s a Rare commodity on Owlstalk....