The Refusal by Sheffield Wednesday to accept Legal Tender.

WOW - That's an interesting move.  Now you have to send your 8 year old to the concessions with your credit card!!! YAY

Over here, the Whitecaps have implemented Credit Card and Cash only this season (no bank card transactions)... Of course there are several pricey privately owned (i.e. ridiculous fees) cash machines in the stadium..

That's just the way things are going nowadays... In fact I only carry cash for "emergency use" (power outages etc)...   Some retailers around town don't like taking cash either...  despite it being "legal tender" LOL

• Like 1

Guest Hirst1867
3 hours ago, Hookowl said:

If that was contactless use, that has a £30 limit, therefore the card must have been used at least 13333.33333 times :ph34r:

Pulled from the internet in a couple of mins - just a few retailers who dont impose the £30 limit

• Apple Store
  • Blackpool Tram Shop
  • Five Guys
  • Honest Burgers
  • IKEA
  • Marks and Spencer
  • Nando’s
  • Pizza Express
  • Sainsbury’s
  • Sandcastle Waterpark in Blackpool
  • Selfridges
  • UNIQLO

37 minutes ago, bradowl said:

You have to move with the times, it's 2019 not 1987.

Those moaning about this probably still go to Post office to pay there gas and electric bills.

Genuine question.

What have you got against individuals who Chose to use the Post office for the payment of gas and electric bills.

Surely, it's all about freedom of choice, or do you know better ?

It’s like some people have been transported in time from 1981 and they can’t get their heads around it. 

Serious mistrust in technology.

Contactless has been around for about 10 years hasn’t it!

I’d love this thread to continue until driverless electric cars come in. The seller of these cars will probably be burnt at the stake

My uncle doesn’t use cash machines because he doesn’t think they’re safe, as in he doesn’t trust the other people around him. This rules out the only cash machine in the village he lives in. He has to go three miles into town and get cash over the counter at the bank. To be fair he doesn’t mind doing that in the slightest and he’s a great guy. I’ll pay for him to get a drink on the North, no bother.

• Like 1

On 07/04/2019 at 11:42, Maxine said:

It's a rip off buying inside the ground anyway. 

On 07/04/2019 at 11:57, S36 OWL said:

My answer us don't spend money in the ground. I don't because everything is a rip off.

I have in the past had a go at the club about catering. 

But Saturday I had a pint of amstel for £4 in the North stand and it was spot on.

I also think that is a reasonable price. 

3 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

Keep hearing people talk about beer issues and how slow it is, if anyone from the club is on here and reading, one of my customers are these guys, it might solve quite a few of your problems, already used it at big days at Donny races. 

https://www.beerjet.com/en

send me a message if you want a intro to them 

Simply pulling a few beers and getting them ready, maybe around 2:30 and 3:45, would help. 

Training, technology, and processes need looking at. But for how many extra drinks will be served, the club might not think the expense of these things justifiable 

Guest mkowl

I always remember my Mum being untrusting. She would come out of work at Bassetts at dinner time, to walk up to Hillsborough shops, to queue at the bank to get out money, to go next door to queue to pay the mortgage at the Halifax as it meant the book got stamped.

I prefer cashless as whenever I do draw out cash, my kids smell it out and are keen to utilise it on my behalf