The Refusal by Sheffield Wednesday to accept Legal Tender.

Serious question, and respect your choices but why? 

Contactless payments are quicker, and let’s face it our facilities for catering are hardly quick at the best of times. 

On on another note I find it baffling why food isn’t pre cooked a lot more, out of stock and cooking it at half time seems strange and the lines take so long. They had one bottle opener between 4 staff yesterday - I mean really? 

However the payment thing is just how it’s going across the board isn’t it? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, np pontefract said:

I have been supporting Sheffield Wednesday since I was a small boy in the late sixties.

In that time, I must have spent Thousands of pounds on Food and Drink inside the ground.

To me, a drink of Tea, Coffee or possibly Bovril and a pie, and an occasional Pint is part of what is often called the "Match day Experience".

That spending, inside the Ground, has now, sadly, come to an end.

It would appear that every kiosk in the North Stand has gone "Cashless".

The club are now Refusing to Accept Cash payments.(LEGAL TENDER)

I will not be "told how to pay" by the club. 

I will, of course, continue to purchase food and drink on match days, all of it OUTSIDE THE GROUND......

Just now, Owls2k said:

Everything is moving in that direction, the new Spurs stadium is also cashless. 

This ^^^   

The 'cashless' tills are an utter joke.

Went for a drink on the Kop at half time (intending to pay by card).

A queue of about 20 in front of me.

10 minutes later, about 15 in queue in front of me.

The 'cashless tills idea obviously not working, as slower than cash tills.

5 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

Serious question, and respect your choices but why? 

Contactless payments are quicker, and let’s face it our facilities for catering are hardly quick at the best of times. 

On on another note I find it baffling why food isn’t pre cooked a lot more, out of stock and cooking it at half time seems strange and the lines take so long. They had one bottle opener between 4 staff yesterday - I mean really? 

However the payment thing is just how it’s going across the board isn’t it? 

Ay up when did you get released

:Sid:

• Haha 6

9 minutes ago, np pontefract said:

I have been supporting Sheffield Wednesday since I was a small boy in the late sixties.

In that time, I must have spent Thousands of pounds on Food and Drink inside the ground.

To me, a drink of Tea, Coffee or possibly Bovril and a pie, and an occasional Pint is part of what is often called the "Match day Experience".

I will, of course, continue to purchase food and drink on match days, all of it OUTSIDE THE GROUND......

Can I ask what you do for a living and do you or your employer accept cash?....as people have said, time moves on which is why cash came about in the first place and we aren’t still all bartering 

12 minutes ago, np pontefract said:

A sign of the times I'm afraid.

Soon their will be no cash transactions any where, of course it is for the consumers benefit.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Have to say that I rarely buy anything in the ground but took my daughter with me yesterday who wanted a bottle of water at HT. Went to the kiosk at the back of the kop. 2 serving windows out of 4 open. Huge queue meaning that I missed the first 10 mins of the 2nd half only to find that they’d sold out of water when we reached the front so bought some strawberry flavoured stuff which she inevitably didn’t want.

If if the club is going to prevent you taking bottles through the gates at least have a decent stock of something as basic as water.