The Refusal by Sheffield Wednesday to accept Legal Tender.

On 08/04/2019 at 08:20, Hirst1867 said:

One case investigated by police reported a £400,000 loss after a card was used multiple times.

It was proven to be a legitimate transaction eventually..... 

It was for one "Mascot Matchday" experience and a finger buffet for two in the Springett Suite 

WTF:

• Haha 5

The issue isn’t paying with contactless . with the exception of going to the pub (yes most take card but I prefer cash when I’m out as I know when I’ve spent too much !) or my Turkish barber I don’t use cash either . The issue at hillsborough is the half witted children employed to run the food outlets . Other clubs have pre poured drinks and are far quicker at serving . 

God knows why people would waste waste money there when there are several decent pubs near by and several decent chippies or sand which shops selling no better stuff at half the price .

2 minutes ago, np pontefract said:

Well, I'm off to Beres  pork sandwich shop before the match tonight, for a "Kingsize" with all the trimmings !!!

Lovely.

They are more than happy to take my Cash.......

They're also more than happy to take my card...

If people are worried about contactless card skimming, use your phone to make contactless payments and leave the card at home.

I'm sure it's been covered here already, but contactless is WAY quicker than cash. As a former pub manager, I've got first hand experience of the difference. It's amazing how long it takes to serve people when they all come with a 20 pound note and buy 2 drinks.

Just to clarify - is the club only accepting contactless payments? Or can you still put your card into a reader at the till?

Just looked at my cards, and none of them have the contactless symbol. Contactless isn’t that much of a thing over here.

Not that I’m expecting to make a game anytime soon, but it’s nice to know.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

5 minutes ago, Neal M said:

Just to clarify - is the club only accepting contactless payments? Or can you still put your card into a reader at the till?

Just looked at my cards, and none of them have the contactless symbol. Contactless isn’t that much of a thing over here.

Not that I’m expecting to make a game anytime soon, but it’s nice to know.

ITs a normal card machine and they have to have the pin option as sometimes can be declined if too many contactless transactions in the same day. Don’t see why you can’t use chip and pin. 

2 minutes ago, Smog said:

ITs a normal card machine and they have to have the pin option as sometimes can be declined if too many contactless transactions in the same day. Don’t see why you can’t use chip and pin. 

Cheers, Smog. Appreciated.

Though there is an added complication that U.S. credit cards don’t have PINS. We just sign.

Hope they have pens behind the kiosk.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

The issue isn’t paying with contactless . with the exception of going to the pub (yes most take card but I prefer cash when I’m out as I know when I’ve spent too much !) or my Turkish barber I don’t use cash either . The issue at hillsborough is the half witted children employed to run the food outlets . Other clubs have pre poured drinks and are far quicker at serving . 

God knows why people would waste waste money there when there are several decent pubs near by and several decent chippies or sand which shops selling no better stuff at half the price .

Steady on..bit OTT there mate. 

Half-witted? 

More quarter 

Just now, Neal M said:

Cheers, Smog. Appreciated.

Though there is an added complication that U.S. credit cards don’t have PINS. We just sign.

Hope they have pens behind the kiosk.

Aaaa I see. If you’re on the Kop there are still Cash/ card queues along with the cashless queue. 

From what hat I remember they look like this, so looks like a swipe spot may be there.

cardreader.jpgIf you have an iPhone on the other hand they accept Apple Pay