The Refusal by Sheffield Wednesday to accept Legal Tender.

4 hours ago, Neon Nick said:

I got no problem with "cashless", but, electronic transactions allow for an "in", to your accounts, same "in" as you use.  So, I use throw-away cards for electronic transactions, but never a real bank-account.  

My biggest problem with "cashless", is the ability to track transaction history.  And you know what that means?  It means you are going to be "Coventrated" with sales-pitches by phone, computer, paper-mail...an endless stream of "buy my product."  And I might have, bought the product, if the seller didn't invade my privacy. 

Cash transactions are faster, somebody in front of you always has a problem with their "card", which requires a team of experts from 30 different Nations in order to sort out, and there's always the ever-present possibility of being "hacked."  In the end though, "cashless" is a marketing ploy, now the market knows what you buy, how often, and everything about your transactions.  Use your "card" and get bombarded, on a nuclear level, with advertisements, every time you turn on your computer, phone, "smart" television, etc.

Sorry for the rant.

Are you prepping for doomsday as well? Clearing the shelves of tins if it rains hard.

You can get your card cloned just as easy withdrawing money from the hole on the wall.  Or do you go into the bank to the see the teller. 

11 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Are you prepping for doomsday as well? Clearing the shelves of tins if it rains hard.

You can get your card cloned just as easy withdrawing money from the hole on the wall.  Or do you go into the bank to the see the teller. 

It’s safest never to leave the house; it’s a big bad world out there.

Well that’s what the newspapers, TV and radio tell me; I’ve no idea cos I’ve been stuck indoors since 1974.

Getting a bit fed up of baked beans now if I’m honest!

WTF:

21 hours ago, nilsson said:

I take it you weren’t on the kop yesterday? The bars on the kop are a joke. I gave up trying to get a beer at half time yesterday, stood there for 10 minutes and the queue had barely moved

I don’t doubt it but that’s nowt to do with it being cashless. That can only speed things up if anything. 

Guest Hirst1867

https://www.independent.co.uk/money/spend-save/contactless-card-fraud-increase-money-security-bank-account-a8722361.html

Data quietly released this week shows the instances of thefts relating to contactless cards doubled in just 10 months last year, according to Action Fraud, the national reporting centre for fraud and cybercrime.

Up from 1,440 cases worth £711,000 over the same period in 2017 to around 2,740 cases worth almost £1.8m in 2018, the average amount stolen last year was more than £650. One case investigated by police reported a £400,000 loss after a card was used multiple times.

The 2018 cases, recorded between April 2017 and January 2018, represent more than half of all the reports of contactless-related fraud investigated by the City of London Police alone, which runs Action Fraud, since 2013

14 minutes ago, Hirst1867 said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/money/spend-save/contactless-card-fraud-increase-money-security-bank-account-a8722361.html

Data quietly released this week shows the instances of thefts relating to contactless cards doubled in just 10 months last year, according to Action Fraud, the national reporting centre for fraud and cybercrime.

Up from 1,440 cases worth £711,000 over the same period in 2017 to around 2,740 cases worth almost £1.8m in 2018, the average amount stolen last year was more than £650. One case investigated by police reported a £400,000 loss after a card was used multiple times.

The 2018 cases, recorded between April 2017 and January 2018, represent more than half of all the reports of contactless-related fraud investigated by the City of London Police alone, which runs Action Fraud, since 2013

Knife crime is also up

52 minutes ago, Hirst1867 said:

Maybe crime in general, possibly as a result of public cuts, is up across the broad spectrum of criminal offences?

On 07/04/2019 at 09:31, np pontefract said:

I have been supporting Sheffield Wednesday since I was a small boy in the late sixties.

In that time, I must have spent Thousands of pounds on Food and Drink inside the ground.

To me, a drink of Tea, Coffee or possibly Bovril and a pie, and an occasional Pint is part of what is often called the "Match day Experience".

That spending, inside the Ground, has now, sadly, come to an end.

It would appear that every kiosk in the North Stand has gone "Cashless".

The club are now Refusing to Accept Cash payments.(LEGAL TENDER)

I will not be "told how to pay" by the club. 

I will, of course, continue to purchase food and drink on match days, all of it OUTSIDE THE GROUND......

Club moving with the times at long last, and you refuse to use cashless when there cannot possibly be any negatives to it?!

What a joker!

5 hours ago, np pontefract said:

Common sense and Rational thinking of this sort is s a Rare commodity on Owlstalk....

:Sid:

Agreed.Brain cell transplants urgently needed on OT as well. :Sid:

10 hours ago, Neon Nick said:

I got no problem with "cashless", but, electronic transactions allow for an "in", to your accounts, same "in" as you use.  So, I use throw-away cards for electronic transactions, but never a real bank-account.  

My biggest problem with "cashless", is the ability to track transaction history.  And you know what that means?  It means you are going to be "Coventrated" with sales-pitches by phone, computer, paper-mail...an endless stream of "buy my product."  And I might have, bought the product, if the seller didn't invade my privacy. 

Cash transactions are faster, somebody in front of you always has a problem with their "card", which requires a team of experts from 30 different Nations in order to sort out, and there's always the ever-present possibility of being "hacked."  In the end though, "cashless" is a marketing ploy, now the market knows what you buy, how often, and everything about your transactions.  Use your "card" and get bombarded, on a nuclear level, with advertisements, every time you turn on your computer, phone, "smart" television, etc.

Sorry for the rant.

01A08448-57DA-4011-8010-8BDDE9F0EC45.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, s.armo said:

What about young lads or lasses going with mates will they have card I doubt it. I was going with mates from about 11 years old or even younger.We will certainly lose money. Card and cash should be taken.

A lot of children that young now have cards