Wednesday Players You Liked That Turner Out to be Guff

Tommy Spurr.

I remember watching him in his first 2 games which were the last 2 games of the season (I think it was 05/06) and in both games he marked both right wingers out the game, I remember thinking this player could become something.

Sadly it wasn't to be, scored cracking goals for us though and that goal at the Lane after about 60 seconds will always be remembered fondly.

UTO

Iain Turner - came on loan and looked quality, wanted us to sign him up, no idea where he is now.

Seyi Olofinjana - saw him dominate the midfield against us for Wolves especially, was excited when we brought him in. Came and was in possibly the least dynamic midfield I’ve ever seen with McPhail.

Bartosz Slusarski - Wanted us to sign him after his loan (again). Thought he was a quality championship forward. Since us he’s played for plenty of non-descript Polish sides.

1 hour ago, simple84 said:

Ryan Lowe. Scored a boat load of goals for Bury the season before joining us, did naff all for us. Didn’t hang around long either.

Also:

Fanny Jeffers

Sergui Bus

Bit harsh on Lowe. Thought he scored a few goals for us that promotion season despite rarely getting a start.

• Like 1