CalmJimmers

Wednesday Players You Liked That Turner Out to be Guff

A controversial shout for Leon Knight. We played him on the wing and always thought we wasted him. Should have played upfront.

He went on to be an absolute waster in the end nevertheless. 

Chris Woods. 

On 21/03/2019 at 12:56, jp1981 said:

Pablo Bonvin, Always like him, had the ability to score goals. Never heard of him since.

Hello!

• Haha 5

God we’ve had some crap over the years, be much easier to state the good uns, but John Beswetheric come to mind, came as a player of the year I remember, bloody awful.

Ian Taylor. Didn't do much with us. Went elsewhere soon after joining us and seemed to do better.

On 21/03/2019 at 22:21, Peacenocchio said:

Danny Sonner. Brought in to be the wingman for Jonk.

High Hopes but he was throw.Bad attitude too.

He used to go in the Ball in Hillsborough occasionally, he was a bit of a thrower to be honest.

Tommy Spurr.

I remember watching him in his first 2 games which were the last 2 games of the season (I think it was 05/06) and in both games he marked both right wingers out the game, I remember thinking this player could become something.

Sadly it wasn't to be, scored cracking goals for us though and that goal at the Lane after about 60 seconds will always be remembered fondly.

UTO

• Disagree 1

Gilles DeBilde came with big reputation looked good first couple of games. Turned out to be guff.

Iain Turner - came on loan and looked quality, wanted us to sign him up, no idea where he is now.

Seyi Olofinjana - saw him dominate the midfield against us for Wolves especially, was excited when we brought him in. Came and was in possibly the least dynamic midfield I’ve ever seen with McPhail.

Bartosz Slusarski - Wanted us to sign him after his loan (again). Thought he was a quality championship forward. Since us he’s played for plenty of non-descript Polish sides.

Akpo Sodje, looked promising then got plagued by injuries. Now has a European Arrest Warrant WTF:

Posted (edited)

Mark Mcever or however you spell it

Edited by Ash-Williams

Simon Stainrod.

Saw that he'd scored week on week for QPR, helped get them promotion then a top 5 position in the first division. 

Thought he was an excellent signing, then he seemed to do nothing but get sold on! 

Terry Henfleet

Kenny Lunt. For years was brains of very decent Crewe side. It was like we signed some other player that lacked any motivation to play football.

Not enough space on these boards for this thread

..there have been countless. 

Ryan Lowe. Scored a boat load of goals for Bury the season before joining us, did naff all for us. Didn’t hang around long either.

Also:

Fanny Jeffers

Sergui Bus

Andy Sinton for me.

Not the worse player to turn out for Wednesday, even in that period, but really should have been the last piece of the jigsaw so was sooooooooooo disappointing.

1 hour ago, simple84 said:

Ryan Lowe. Scored a boat load of goals for Bury the season before joining us, did naff all for us. Didn’t hang around long either.

Also:

Fanny Jeffers

Sergui Bus

Bit harsh on Lowe. Thought he scored a few goals for us that promotion season despite rarely getting a start.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2