Outstanding Bannan

Bazza was top class today.  

I don't get all the criticism he gets.  

Under Jos, Bazza was single-handedly carrying us in midfield with the help of Reach.  

Those free kicks on the left from Bazza have been top drawer lately. 

54 minutes ago, peacock1961 said:

I've had a go at him more than once on here, but have to admit he played well today. Further up and more positive. 

And you're allowed to. There's a group of fans who, for some reason, think players should be immune to criticism. 

I hate it when Bazza gets possession, spins around the ball a couple of times then lays it off backwards, but when he does stuff right he'll get equal amounts of praise. 

Edited by Sykes
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sykes said:

And you're allowed to. There's a group of fans who, for some reason, think players should be immune from criticism. 

I hate it when Bazza gets possession, spins around the ball a couple of times then lays it off backwards, but when he does stuff right he'll get equal amounts of praise. 

Thats my only worry about him, especially when he does it around our box...but its a minor criticism, the blokes immense.....

I was a bit surprised he laid that on to Matias tho'...I was screaming for him to shoot

1 hour ago, peacock1961 said:

I've had a go at him more than once on here, but have to admit he played well today. Further up and more positive. 

Today?

Go and watch all our goals under Bruce and see how vital Bannan has been.

I don’t think his quality has ever been in doubt, it’s been his ability to consistently  influence games, like the great players do. And because of his quality I think he’s probably judgedby higher standards than many of the other players (I know I do). Looks like he’s playing much further forward under Bruce though, where he’s so much more effective. He’s much better playing around the opponent’s penalty box rather than the centre circle. He could be coming back into form just at the right time.... :biggrin:

A couple of months ago I couldn't understand why we persisted with him on set pieces but last few games we must have scored 3 or 4 from his dead ball situations. 

Either he's found a bit of form, the people getting on the end of them have or Bruce has been working on set pieces. All of the above. 

He played well.

hector and palmer were superb though.

so pleased for Palmer - so much stick got nothing that lad and now he can’t put a foot wrong and been called up. Well done Liam.