Outstanding Bannan

3 hours ago, Ronio said:

Bazza was top class today.  

I don't get all the criticism he gets.  

Under Jos, Bazza was single-handedly carrying us in midfield with the help of Reach.  

Those free kicks on the left from Bazza have been top drawer lately. 

Single handedly with the help of. You do see the contradiction here???

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, damianb1 said:

Single handedly with the help of. You do see the contradiction here???

The point I was trying to make is, there were times at the beginning of the season where Bazza was carrying us on his own, for most games under Jos.  I added Reach in there because it would be a bit unfair on Reach, as he has helped the team out as well with his wonder goals.  

Maybe I should have worded it better, looking at it again.  lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ronio said:

The point I was trying to make is, there were times at the beginning of the season where Bazza was carrying us on his own, for most games under Jos.  I added Reach in there because it would be a bit unfair on Reach, as he has helped the team out as well with his wonder goals.  

Maybe I should have worded it better, looking at it again.  lol

Don't worry pal. I've always been a pedant when it comes to language, the contradiction just made me laugh. I know exactly what you mean though.

Bannan is our best player imo. Occasional drops in form, not scoring from every set piece he takes etc leads to over the top criticism. 

He's a clever, clever player. Constantly making space. Got stuck in today too. 

On his day, on form, he's a top 3 championship central midfielder. Even out of form, he's a 6 out of 10 at the least. 

I love Barry Bannan. 

15 minutes ago, Hotten Owl said:

Bannan is our best player imo. Occasional drops in form, not scoring from every set piece he takes etc leads to over the top criticism. 

He's a clever, clever player. Constantly making space. Got stuck in today too. 

On his day, on form, he's a top 3 championship central midfielder. Even out of form, he's a 6 out of 10 at the least. 

I love Barry Bannan. 

True, but when we tried to play from the back he had to drop very deep and insisted for everything to go through him making us slow and predictable in build up and him easy to mark. Not to mention how much we missed his creative influence further up the pitch.

Now, under Bruce regime he is looking again as a Premiership player to good for this level of football.

10 minutes ago, pressy said:

He worked so hard yesterday having to cover pellupessy doesnt help  pessy wil never get to speed at this level unfortunately  

I was going to make this point. This doesn’t in any way diminish how good Bazza is (there’s no doubt he adds a quality to the team) but when people say he plays well with Pellupessy that’s because he does 2 players’ jobs in there.  

On 16/03/2019 at 20:21, Mystic Neg said:

A couple of months ago I couldn't understand why we persisted with him on set pieces but last few games we must have scored 3 or 4 from his dead ball situations. 

Either he's found a bit of form, the people getting on the end of them have or Bruce has been working on set pieces. All of the above. 

Think thats the obvious answer mate. Bruce is known for being really strong at setpieces. Under Jos we hardly ever even looked like scoring from them, have to wonder did he ever work on it in training!

9 hours ago, pressy said:

He worked so hard yesterday having to cover pellupessy doesnt help  pessy wil never get to speed at this level unfortunately  

8 hours ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

I was going to make this point. This doesn’t in any way diminish how good Bazza is (there’s no doubt he adds a quality to the team) but when people say he plays well with Pellupessy that’s because he does 2 players’ jobs in there.  

Is it a coincidence. Bannan had his best game in ages and he is partnered with Pelupessy. Can't keep happening surely. 

I had a moan at Pelupessy earlier for aimlessly running about like a headless chicken instead of just keeping a soild position in front of the back four. 

But is he doing this in order to keep Bannan free and in space to receive the ball.

Pelupessy always takes up wierd postions in games you wouldn't expect from a dm and just runs about all day to what seems to the naked eye to no aveil. But could he just be doing this get Bannan involved more in the game.

He will always be slated on here no matter what. but maybe he does a more important role for the team than we think. Getting our playmaker to play.

1 hour ago, swfc-dan said:

Think thats the obvious answer mate. Bruce is known for being really strong at setpieces. Under Jos we hardly ever even looked like scoring from them, have to wonder did he ever work on it in training!

Thing is with Bannan he hardly needs training on general passing etc., so prob best to have him practicing set pieces all day, til he's bored of em

1 minute ago, jomaco said:

Thing is with Bannan he hardly needs training on general passing etc., so prob best to have him practicing set pieces all day, til he's bored of em

That’s a really good point. Bannan has a natural instinct and a natural talent. You can coach those things. Obviously, he still needs to train as much as the next player though. 

When normal training has finished, I’d get him and the first teamers that are his set piece targets spending an extra hour each day practising set pieces against the younger lads. 

On 16/03/2019 at 21:58, Hotten Owl said:

I love Barry Bannan. 

Agree, great user of the ball, the heartbeat of the side when he's up for it.

Obviously loves playing for Wednesday, runs his nuts off, always acknowledges the supporters.

Quality stuff Bazza 

Barry_Bannan_comic_Hillsboro_copy.jpg