Fletcher Form

Brilliant form for us right now.

4 goals in 5 games.

6 goals in 12 games (11 starts)

Playing game-in, game-out.

Finishing beautifully, full of confidence.

Vital player. Held our attack together all but single-handedly for months now.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

It's just nice to see him carrying that consistent goal threat. 

He's always worked his bo11ocks off, always had good link-up play and could always chip in with a vital goal when required...but now he's scoring goals on a fairly regular basis. 

Tbf to him, I imagine a big part of that is playing week in week out and not picking up injuries (touch wood). 

Contender for POTY imo. Very impressed. 

• Like 1

Best run of form he's had in his time here

That little knock got him out of international duty, but didn't seem to affect him tonight. Hopefully Bannan and Palmer are just bench warmers too

Best thing about his form is... Scotland have completely misjudged it and not called him up!

We can't have him missing at all. Out of all 3 of Bannan, Palmer and him, I'd rather lose him the least (just...).

Not a Bannan or Palmer dig, all 3 have been great recently. 

Mentioned b4 how well he's doing this season - pity that some of our @fans@ love em when they doing well and then slate em when they not

Whatever cotton wool SBruce is using on Fletcher its working and long may it continue.

35 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It's just nice to see him carrying that consistent goal threat. 

He's always worked his bo11ocks off, always had good link-up play and could always chip in with a vital goal when required...but now he's scoring goals on a fairly regular basis. 

Tbf to him, I imagine a big part of that is playing week in week out and not picking up injuries (touch wood). 

Contender for POTY imo. Very impressed. 

Hes been absolutely superb under Bruce. Just shows how a change of manager can bring about a change in style leading to more goals. Never realised he had this in him! 

Hes our star man now, vital he stays fit if the playoffs are possible. Love his work rate too, the way he hassles defences makes him seem a lot younger than he is.

He's doing his best work a little further forwards now and that's all down to the arrival of Bruce. Under Jos and Carlos I can help but think Fletcher was held back somewhat with the negative and defensive approach play. With a little support in the final third he's really starting to flourish.

Fletch has always had the ability,  he’s got that little bit of class and confidence you need in games like last night , he hasn’t been able to show it here on a regular basis for me mainly down to fitness issues but who knows .. maybe the tactics of the previous gaffers have had an effect 

But if Fletch wasn’t injury prone and had the consistency he wouldn’t be playing championship football, he’s a top level footballer and it doesn’t surprise me whatsoever that he’s performing like

he is.  

It just looks to me like he’s stepped up and took the bull by the horns, a fit Steven Fletcher is as important to

this side, and as influential as a fit Forestieri 

7 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Brilliant form for us right now.

4 goals in 5 games.

6 goals in 12 games (11 starts)

Playing game-in, game-out.

Finishing beautifully, full of confidence.

Vital player. Held our attack together all but single-handedly for months now.

Hold my hands up. Not so long back I called for him to be dropped but he has been tremendous. 

The good thing about Fletch is he allows us to mix our play up.

He can hold the ball up and his link up play is very good, but he can also be used as an extremely effective target man.

It means we've got some different options in terms of attacking - go direct, keep it on the deck. 

Would like to see him and Winnall given a chance, assuming the latter is actually fit. Tbf, big Adthe was getting the usual bile directed his way last night, but made a telling contribution for the first goal.

I'll be honest here, I was starting to lose patience with him. He wasn't scoring but working hard. That was doing my head in and I was thinking he was shot. Way to prove me wrong Fletch. That finish last night was delightful, full of confidence. Long may he continue to make me look daft. Though to be fair that's not hard. 

49 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

I'll be honest here, I was starting to lose patience with him. He wasn't scoring but working hard. That was doing my head in and I was thinking he was shot. Way to prove me wrong Fletch. That finish last night was delightful, full of confidence. Long may he continue to make me look daft. Though to be fair that's not hard. 

I'm in the same boat .. he hasn't been value for money previous 2 seasons and thats where much of the criticism comes from...

However ... this season he has looked the striker that we all wanted and needed him to be .. seems to be having a renaissance this season and looks a very fine player. Defo worth his "40k" a week wages!