FL's Derby County -V- Wednesday OMDT

Just now, Mycroft said:

His finger is stuck it can't be pulled out, wouldn't surprise me it's been amputated.  Not seen him have a decent game yet for Wednesday, not understanding why Bruce would pick him over Matias and Winall.  Thought he ran around like a headless chicken the other night.  

So that's one finger and no head, watch him score three. Just to spite me. 

Boyd has had a good 45 minutes at home against Birmingham in the second half, that’s it. His performance away at Sunderland earlier in the season, was one of the worst I’ve seen in a Wednesday shirt. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

His finger is stuck it can't be pulled out, wouldn't surprise me it's been amputated.  Not seen him have a decent game yet for Wednesday, not understanding why Bruce would pick him over Matias and Winall.  Thought he ran around like a headless chicken the other night.  

He was very good vs brum at home..but ive only been 3 times this season

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

He had ONE decent game mate...and I'm f.ooked if I can remember which one...not the one he scored in...

• Haha 1

Just now, Bouncing Owl said:

Boyd has had a good 45 minutes at home against Birmingham in the second half, that’s it. His performance away at Sunderland earlier in the season, was one of the worst I’ve seen in a Wednesday shirt. 

Might be that one...I was half right....45 minutes lol

Now we have Aarons we don't look quite so one dimensional with one up top. With Reach on the other side we have quality on both wings. Just need to get players high enough up the pitch to support and get on the end of things. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sternlad said:

It’s abaht time Boyd scored a goal or two...as I recall he used to be able to score a screamer from outside the box in his time. Not sure he’s fast enough these days to be able to latch onto a loose ball in those areas. However, we live in hope....aye I know it’s just beyond Castleton...or is it t’other way round? As ever an astute matchday thread from the aristocrat, well done m’lud. UTO Come on you Blue and White Wizaaards!!! etc,etc.

Need more goals from midfielders other than Reach full stop. Boyd has been a bit part player but has still scored as many since the start of 2018 as Bannan and Pelupessy combined in that time I think. 

2 minutes ago, deano said:

Now we have Aarons we don't look quite so one dimensional with one up top. With Reach on the other side we have quality on both wings. Just need to get players high enough up the pitch to support and get on the end of things. 

Geee'or with the positivity..you new to owlstalk?

Balls not been kicked and boyd has already been scored high for todays scapegoat

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

Winnall’s short of fitness. Selecting Boyd probably shows that Bruce doesn’t particularly rate Nuhiu or Matias though I expect Nuhiu to start on Tuesday Night given I can’t see Fletcher starting all 3 games this week.

Guest LittleG
34 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

We are, but Matias has the legs on Boyd all day long, and could have at least given us a threat in behind which we don't really have without Joao & FF. 

But I can see why he picked Boyd cos he will help out more defensively.

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

Need more goals from midfielders other than Reach full stop. Boyd has been a bit part player but has still scored as many since the start of 2018 as Bannan and Pelupessy combined in that time I think. 

You can add Onomah to that list of midfield non-scoring players. Even Reach's goals are for the most part long range efforts, all of which suggests we don't get enough players forward.

Guest LittleG
28 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

So we have very few fit forwards yet Big Dave still can't get in the side. I think SB has seen what the most of us have. He'll be sold off at the end of the season.

Hopefully