FL's Derby County -V- Wednesday OMDT

Excellent OP as always. Very tough game today. Would be a very good result if we can come away with a draw. Derby seem to be a bit of a bogey team for us and have some quality in their side. Head says this could well be the first loss under Bruce, heart says a 2v2 draw. 

Great OMDT!!

And I have had my morning cuppa to go with it, I've got a feeling this will be our Villa away match of the season. Reach to score a screamer, Fletcher to grab another (in place of Rhodes) and then they'll nick one towards the end. But we'll come out with a strong 2-1 win and 3 pts.

• Like 2

Shame they've found a bit of form back after midweek,, but I wonder if injuries are catching up with us again. Bench will look weak, but Winnall being back involved is a positive. 

Don't expect us to be too expansive, rather be organised and try to hit them on the break using Aarons and Reach to supply (hopefully) Fletcher.

No reason we can't nick it by the odd goal, but a draw wouldn't be the end of the world considering the players we have unavailable.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Great stuff Snoots.

FLDC 1 Sheffield Wednesday 2

Reach Fletcher

Must be going soft in my old age and letting my heart rule my head.

The only two players I see capable of scoring today for us unless Winnall comes off the bench and comes back to bite the club he was on loan at last season. I fancy us for another clean sheet though.

Someone asked on the Frank Lampards derby county forum if people see us as a type of local derby match.

And someone said I see Sheffield Wednesday like an older Brother. You don't see them that often and you keep nicking all their tunes.

:tango:

• Haha 4

Anything is possible in this league. 

The first step is to BELIEVE. If the players want it, it's still possible. And from what I saw on Monday night they are capable of going toe to toe with the best the league has to offer. 

What are the odds on Sam Winall scoring today on his return to Frank Lampard's Pride Park? 

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

lol

2117898417_19840507WednedayWinPromotion1984HowardWilkinson.thumb.jpg.991e903da8232c630fa011f7fed5842f.jpg

• Like 3

harry Wilson is only 1 we need to worry about. lets forget this myth that we have a massive injury problem ,today we are nearly at full strength ,only either joao or forestieri would have played up front with fletcher the rest of team is near enough full strength only lazaar might have started too today. derby scraped a win against a very poor wigan team on Tuesday and upto then have been or a very poor run. lets get this bogey team beat today.