Westwood.

20 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Really rate Westwood but thought Kirkland was excellent before him. Especially when you realise the problems he was going through mentally.

If only he'd have kept his legs shut.

I think he might have misunderstood when someone told him he was a pro......:Sid:

Westwood has been playing behind a settled back four of what was 

Palmer, lees. Hector fox. 

OK lees was injured and thornily whom has been excellent this season when called upon and is the main bright spot to come out of jos tenure. Yes Westwood is calm,an organiser and a leader, but it can't have helped poor Cameron when the back,4/5/6 whatever changed every match under jos. Respect for Westwood and he's done a fine job since being back in, but I think a lot of our better defensive play has come from the cohesion of having a settled back four and for the main team. 

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

Westwood has been playing behind a settled back four of what was 

Palmer, lees. Hector fox. 

OK lees was injured and thornily whom has been excellent this season when called upon and is the main bright spot to come out of jos tenure. Yes Westwood is calm,an organiser and a leader, but it can't have helped poor Cameron when the back,4/5/6 whatever changed every match under jos. Respect for Westwood and he's done a fine job since being back in, but I think a lot of our better defensive play has come from the cohesion of having a settled back four and for the main team. 

I think it helps to have a settled back four but you can't underestimate the importance of a keeper your back four has confidence in and who takes control of things.

Thats not a dig at Dawson, just something that comes with experience.

Edited by Blue and white

The constant changing of systems and players across the backline lead to a lot of indecision and that was the major factor in our defensive fragility.

Now its more settled,injury apart,& weve reaped the reward and look far more solid at the back and for sure westy takes some of the credit as do the rest of the defence.

Major well done for Bully who spotted that from the first game going forewards,and laid the foundations for the decent run weve enjoyed.

Edited by legendaryswan