Forestieri has his say... Insta-rantette

4 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think people are going a bit over the top about it now. Believe some people think its all a big conspiracy against Wednesday and FF.

Probably was a bit harsh but hardly worth still going on about it.

You know, you don't always have to put forward the contrary view. 

14 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

I am not saying that we should NOT celebrate, and I accept that all teams are guilty of doing the same. I don't expect a 'return to the '30's-60's' style of goal celebration, but the sight of players running from one corner to the diagonally opposite corner to jump on a pile of players, seems a little OTT. 

I believe it is incumbent on the Referee to restart the game within 90 seconds of the goal being scored.How often do we see players trudging back reluctantly to restart the game, something FF himself is very guilty of, This is akin to GK's taking ages over Gkicks or players taking ages over throw-ins

Perhaps here is a statistic which would make more sense than possession.. Fans pay good money for watching football and not for players to waste time.

Stones and Glass houses spring to mind here ..

We are the world's worst at this ..

You can nip down the concourse have a pìss n get a brew without missing a minute of open play with our lot ...

I'm sure the refs have noted it too ...

I'm annoyed there wasn't a mad rush to get back and try for a winner on Saturday. 

That's what winners do ....

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

I am not saying that we should NOT celebrate, and I accept that all teams are guilty of doing the same. I don't expect a 'return to the '30's-60's' style of goal celebration, but the sight of players running from one corner to the diagonally opposite corner to jump on a pile of players, seems a little OTT. 

I believe it is incumbent on the Referee to restart the game within 90 seconds of the goal being scored.How often do we see players trudging back reluctantly to restart the game, something FF himself is very guilty of, This is akin to GK's taking ages over Gkicks or players taking ages over throw-ins

Perhaps here is a statistic which would make more sense than possession.. Fans pay good money for watching football and not for players to waste time.

I very much doubt many of our supporters after the scoring of the late equaliser were shouting for a quick restart, I fully imagine they were celebrating the goal, as were the players.

we want, and insist all our players play with passion and pride when they 'wear the shirt', so expecting them to do so, and then NOT running to our supporters when a 9th or 10th minute of added time equaliser is scored in a local derby, is quite utterly staggering.

yes time is wasted, on throw-ins, goal celebrations, and definitely goal kicks, but it is up to the often incompetent referee to add time on for that.

fans do pay good money for watching football, that is true, and our fans pay more than most, however I very much doubt any of our fans considered saturday's second goal celebration as being 'players wasting time', and more likely a time for celebrating with the players in that corner.

at the end of the day, it was a very, very late, almost last kick equaliser, scored in a local derby, away from home (where no doubt at the time the home fans were giving it large celebrating their 'victory'), and you think it was over the top?.

On 19/02/2019 at 08:48, matthefish2002 said:

Think people are going a bit over the top about it now. Believe some people think its all a big conspiracy against Wednesday and FF.

Probably was a bit harsh but hardly worth still going on about it.

I'm still going on about him getting sent off at Hull when Dawson tried to break his leg. And the rugby tackle at Wembley orchestrated clearly by the same player. If Dawson had been sent off we'd have won the PL by now.WTF:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 31Dec1966 said:

I'm still going on about him getting sent off at Hull when Dawson tried to break his leg. And the rugby tackle at Wembley orchestrated clearly by the same player. If Dawson had been sent off we'd have won the PL by now.WTF:

:Sid:

I didn't find it funny, I'm just happy to see Sid again.

What people seem to be forgetting here is that the rule of celebrating with the crowd was brought in as there were some serious  incidents involving crushing when these things happen

player runs to wall at front of crowd to embrace fans and there’s a huge crush of people surging to the front, often completely ignoring children and those who aren’t as ‘robust’ as they once were

hence the rule was brought in to try and alleviate this happening.

13 minutes ago, Ian said:

What people seem to be forgetting here is that the rule of celebrating with the crowd was brought in as there were some serious  incidents involving crushing when these things happen

player runs to wall at front of crowd to embrace fans and there’s a huge crush of people surging to the front, often completely ignoring children and those who aren’t as ‘robust’ as they once were

So do you think they book celebrating players every time they cause the crowd to surge forward 

1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

So do you think they book celebrating players every time they cause the crowd to surge forward 

If the scenario is as described then yes they should, if they don’t then it is those referees that are wrong not the ones who do. Referees are there to uphold the rules not make them

12 hours ago, Ian said:

Where have you seen evidence of FF running to the wall?

He was standing on the grass when the supporter approached him.

15 hours ago, Ian said:

Forestrieri didn't run to the wall, he was stood on the pitch.

Also, if he had, why do you think the ref only booked Forestieri and not the rest of the team, the subs and the coaching staff for running up to the fans in the other corner, if you watch the video back you'll see more fans surging to the that corner than they were to Forestieri.

Why did he only book Foresrtieri?

On 19/02/2019 at 06:47, TodwickOwl said:

Spot on 

Daft to book for things like this - that ref was dying to do something 

I cannot believe we can’t get it overturned, it’s nothing short of a joke by the ref he should be reprimanded for getting it so wrong

Do any of you recall the Gazza incident when the ref’s yellow card fell out of his pocket?  Gaza picked it up and pretended to book the ref, on recovering it he promptly booked Gazza with it, what a tw@.

On 20/02/2019 at 22:42, Ian said:

If the scenario is as described then yes they should, if they don’t then it is those referees that are wrong not the ones who do. Referees are there to uphold the rules not make them

But the rule is not interpreted that way because it is impossible to enforce. Referees cannot determine whether the players caused the crowd to surge forward. The crowd surged forward in front of the other players just as much but no body was booked, as it did in the bit I was in.

For this reason the rule is interpreted as players jumping over advertising boards and going into the crowd are booked.

Unless you are FF then it is interpreted differently.