Forestieri has his say... Insta-rantette

12 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think people are going a bit over the top about it now. Believe some people think its all a big conspiracy against Wednesday and FF.

Probably was a bit harsh but hardly worth still going on about it.

If you think FF gets treated fairly by referees you either don’t go to games or live in cloud cuckoo land 

9 hours ago, Ginner said:

Sorry for the following attempt at translation (courtesy of Google translate, and a little reading between the lines):

Football comes from the street where it's worth everything, where there is a lot of passion to win and celebrate with your friends in the neighborhood. Now we are lucky to be professionals but that passion that comes from the street never changes because you repeat it with your colleagues even though it's no longer just a hobby. And the most beautiful of all this is the passion, the feeling that you have inside for all this. But unfortunately they want to take away the most beautiful thing that football has, that is passion.

Screenshot_20190218-235055_Instagram.jpg

To the melody of Sloop John B?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

He will probably get in trouble for bringing the game into disrepute now.

Didn't go the game but from the clips I have seen of the game, there was nothing there to give him a second booking.  Would love to see the actual moment in time he committed the heinous crime.  If he did then fair enough but the evidence is lacking at the moment.  

If FF deserved a red, then the previous tackle on him deserved two, and the kicking of the flag out of the ground by the Rotherham player surely represented a much greater display of exuberance than that shown by FF.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Spot on 

Daft to book for things like this - that ref was dying to do something 

I cannot believe we can’t get it overturned, it’s nothing short of a joke by the ref he should be reprimanded for getting it so wrong

didn't the scorer of the second Rotherham goal kick the flag post outa the ground after scoring?

why did the defender who tried to cut ff in half and then get a 'hand slap' from his fellow defender as though it was pre planned only get booked?

we're as soft as s*** as a club, this type of thing has been going on for a while, the pigs would be all over this, placards, meetings, protests, shoes off.

11 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

didn't the scorer of the second Rotherham goal kick the flag post outa the ground after scoring?

why did the defender who tried to cut ff in half and then get a 'hand slap' from his fellow defender as though it was pre planned only get booked?

we're as soft as s*** as a club, this type of thing has been going on for a while, the pigs would be all over this, placards, meetings, protests, shoes off.

giphy_(2).gif

• Haha 3

Maybe our players will learn a lesson from this whole ridiculous episode. Forgetting all that happened before, we scored after TEN minutes of extra time. Our players then proceeded to celebrate like demented schoolchildren over by the corner flag.FF decided to celebrate with the fans behind the goal. I think we were lucky to escape with only a yellow card for FF rather than a lot of them. The celebrations whilst play should have been proceeding were in my opinion very much over the top, and the Ref. finally decided to take action. He 'yellow carded' FF.only when he could or should have included more. FF received his red card because he had already received one, and , as stated in the rules, this automatically resulted in it being turned to  a red. Unfortunate , but illegal no.

I agree that the Rotherham player kicking the corner flag should also have been carded. Fortunately for them he wasn't.. A poor decision, but so are many.

Were I Steve Bruce, I would be having a talk with all the team and telling them, not to cut out celebrating but to cut it down. One would not expect schoolchildren to behave like this.

2 hours ago, dumboldowl said:

If FF deserved a red, then the previous tackle on him deserved two, and the kicking of the flag out of the ground by the Rotherham player surely represented a much greater display of exuberance than that shown by FF.

I  really thought at the time that the corner flag kick was totally outrageous. It could have gone into the crowd and injured someone yet not even a word was said to him. FF is being victimised for a reputation which he definitely doesn't deserve.

I can't remember seeing him make a blatant dive or react any worse than the majority of players would if they are fouled throughout a game.

1 hour ago, Buxtongent said:

Maybe our players will learn a lesson from this whole ridiculous episode. Forgetting all that happened before, we scored after TEN minutes of extra time. Our players then proceeded to celebrate like demented schoolchildren over by the corner flag.FF decided to celebrate with the fans behind the goal. I think we were lucky to escape with only a yellow card for FF rather than a lot of them. The celebrations whilst play should have been proceeding were in my opinion very much over the top, and the Ref. finally decided to take action. He 'yellow carded' FF.only when he could or should have included more. FF received his red card because he had already received one, and , as stated in the rules, this automatically resulted in it being turned to  a red. Unfortunate , but illegal no.

I agree that the Rotherham player kicking the corner flag should also have been carded. Fortunately for them he wasn't.. A poor decision, but so are many.

Were I Steve Bruce, I would be having a talk with all the team and telling them, not to cut out celebrating but to cut it down. One would not expect schoolchildren to behave like this.

I agree we should be more 'professional' IF POSSIBLE in our celebrations, however the posting I've read of ff states if they're expected to play with passion and desire, why would you not expect them to celebrate a last gasp result in a local derby?

as for it being 'ridiculous'...well.

you state 'the celebrations...were in my opinion very much over the top', how many goals scored against us do you perceive to have celebrations that are 'over the top'?, are they 'over the top' more in local derbies?, are they 'over the top' more in local derbies where a last gasp goal are scored? of course they are. 

the days of the 30's, 40's, 50's, and early 60's are long gone, the celtic celebrations after scoring in the 67 European cup final of drifting back to the half way line with the odd handshake here and there are now a part of history.

although in your 'opinion' the celebrations were 'very much over the top, i imagine  the majority of our fans did not think so at the time. I also think bruce should speak to the players, but on the subject of continuing pisspoor refereeing decisions, whilst the club write to the fa on the subject too. we need to adopt a more professional manner, and learn to play/handle the referee far more, and far better than we are doing at present, it costs us dearly every season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

The only reason he sent FF off was because he was scared that the mini pigs would kick his head in because he played 10mins added instead of 8 and we stuck one in the back of the net... so to soften the blow he sent off the player that wound them up all game.

Thought he gave us a few extra minutes because of the contract the Ref's Association has with Bruce. He didn't have a choice mate!

lol

14 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

I agree we should be more 'professional' IF POSSIBLE in our celebrations, however the posting I've read of ff states if they're expected to play with passion and desire, why would you not expect them to celebrate a last gasp result in a local derby?

as for it being 'ridiculous'...well.

you state 'the celebrations...were in my opinion very much over the top', how many goals scored against us do you perceive to have celebrations that are 'over the top'?, are they 'over the top' more in local derbies?, are they 'over the top' more in local derbies where a last gasp goal are scored? of course they are. 

the days of the 30's, 40's, 50's, and early 60's are long gone, the celtic celebrations after scoring in the 67 European cup final of drifting back to the half way line with the odd handshake here and there are now a part of history.

although in your 'opinion' the celebrations were 'very much over the top, i imagine  the majority of our fans did not think so at the time. I also think bruce should speak to the players, but on the subject of continuing pisspoor refereeing decisions, whilst the club write to the fa on the subject too. we need to adopt a more professional manner, and learn to play/handle the referee far more, and far better than we are doing at present, it costs us dearly every season.

I am not saying that we should NOT celebrate, and I accept that all teams are guilty of doing the same. I don't expect a 'return to the '30's-60's' style of goal celebration, but the sight of players running from one corner to the diagonally opposite corner to jump on a pile of players, seems a little OTT. 

I believe it is incumbent on the Referee to restart the game within 90 seconds of the goal being scored.How often do we see players trudging back reluctantly to restart the game, something FF himself is very guilty of, This is akin to GK's taking ages over Gkicks or players taking ages over throw-ins

Perhaps here is a statistic which would make more sense than possession.. Fans pay good money for watching football and not for players to waste time.