Bannan

5 minutes ago, peacock1961 said:

I'll go on and on with this. 7 goals in 150 appearances. Do you have them on a video loop. That's two goals a year. 

Thats a shocking stat. I seem to remember in the first Carlos season he smashed in a few quality goals, he looked so much better than he does now. 

7 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Thats a shocking stat. I seem to remember in the first Carlos season he smashed in a few quality goals, he looked so much better than he does now. 

35 appearances 2 league goals, 1 fa Cup. Are you getting him mixed up with Ross Wallace or Gary hooper??? 

Think it’s time BB was moved on in the summer and replaced with a dynamic midfielder who gets forward. Our midfield has got no creativity at all and the constant back passing and playing deeper than Jacques Cousteau it is making my p1ss boil every week.

We lack pace, drive and aggression and BB isn’t going to get us playing further up the park on current form. If Kieran Lee ever gets back to where he was then the team dynamics might change but Hutch and Bannan gives us zero attacking drive ATM.

Last night just highlighted the same problems we faced under Carlos when playing a4-4-2. Hutchinson is not mobile enough and tends to just sit in front of the back four and Bannan not physical enough.

That is the reason a large number of us have been advocating playing a central three. Ideally it would have been:

Hutchinson 

Lee.                      Bannan

We are yet to find someone to replace Lee and someone to play Hutchinson’s role when he’s not available.

Edited by York_Owl

16 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

Last night just highlighted the same problems we faced under Carlos when playing a4-4-2. Hutchinson is not mobile enough and tends to just sit in front of the back four and Bannan not physical enough.

That is the reason a large number of us have been advocating playing a central three. Ideally it would have been:

Hutchinson 

Lee.                      Bannan

We are yet to find someone to replace Lee and someone to play Hutchinson’s role when he’s not available.

Thats what I would do and we are the same old posters saying it. Think Onomah could do the Lee role when he comes back. Bannan is definitely a player that would thrive in a midfield 3.

It never ceases to amaze me the way our fans cant wait to put the boot in to genuinely talented players when they play below par (get rid in the summer FFS) , yet will laud the same old journeymen who raise their game from awful to average for a month or so and call for them to get new deals........sound familiar ?

They are probably the same people who said we would be a better "team" without Antonio and Brunt.

Bannan frustrates me more than any other player in our squad. He’s hugely talented but all too often does naff all. 

If he had no quality I’d except fact he covers every blade of grass (except middle of park) or tries to get on the ball at every opportunity. But all too often when he is on the ball he’s passing it where it came from, backwards or to someone who would have received it if he’d not run 40 metres to stand in between two of our players to intercept a simple pass. 

Who ever plays lays next to him ends up doing the graft of two men, and in absence of an engine like Lee that exposes players like Hutch, Jones or Joey. 

I’d be keen to see stats on chances created, tackles, assists and goals against other CMs in the league as I think he’d not come out great in comparison. 

6 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

It never ceases to amaze me the way our fans cant wait to put the boot in to genuinely talented players when they play below par (get rid in the summer FFS) , yet will laud the same old journeymen who raise their game from awful to average for a month or so and call for them to get new deals........sound familiar ?

They are probably the same people who said we would be a better "team" without Antonio and Brunt.

But we were a better team without them? I mean we may have been better still with them but without them we reached two sets of championship playoffs. Unless I’m mistaken with them we were a worse team, finishing in worse positions. 

Sometimes you can sell good good players and build better teams. 

7 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

But we were a better team without them? I mean we may have been better still with them but without them we reached two sets of championship playoffs. Unless I’m mistaken with them we were a worse team, finishing in worse positions. 

That may have got something to do with DC splashing out £30 M plus on the squad   :rolleyes:     Hooper rather than Best , Bannan rather than McCabe , Forestieri rather than Bus etc etc.............i dont think the poxy £1.5 M we squeezed out of Forest for Antonio made one iota of difference...............although Stuart Gray did say at the time that it allowed us to bring in Stevie May !!!   :biggrin:

The point i am making is that Bannan aint perfect , but he is the best midfielder we have got now that Lee is crocked yet many want him to be sold , i can personally think of many more who i would sacrafice first.

Edited by sheriwozgod

12 hours ago, wilyfox said:

To be fair, he performed well out there in many games of Carlos' first season - but we had Lee alongside Hutch instead of Pelepussy galore. 

Agree, I actually think he's better out wide than central but for that to happen he needs an attacking left back behind him (which Fox isn't) and we need someone to play in CM with Hutch who can actually play (Lee ideally, Onomah could if fit and who is this Abdi I hear is on our books) not Pelupessy.

Bannan cant dictate if we don't have the ball. We didn't have the ball in the first half last night so he was poor and would have been as bad in CM as LM.

We have far bigger problems to worry about than Bannan.

He may not be a world beater, but for our current standing and with ffp round the corner we won't get a better player.

He just needs players around him with energy and who are not scared of the ball.

Bannan is a player almost every team in this league would want.

3 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Wevreached those play-offs with Bannan playing an absolute pivotal role.

Marvellous player. 

We were 3 x better when he moved back centrally last night. I’m glad it took Bruce half a game to spot that.