Bannan

Bannan was a disgrace on Tues night. Calling him rubbish is a compliment. He's been dreadful for a long time. He gives the ball away continually. Can't be bothered to take a proper corner. He gets booked almost every game for totally unnecessary back tackles.

We should have ditched him when his contract was up. He's with the for three more seasons on at least 40k a week.

A complete waste of money 

On 13/02/2019 at 07:40, sheriwozgod said:

It never ceases to amaze me the way our fans cant wait to put the boot in to genuinely talented players when they play below par (get rid in the summer FFS) , yet will laud the same old journeymen who raise their game from awful to average for a month or so and call for them to get new deals........sound familiar ?

They are probably the same people who said we would be a better "team" without Antonio and Brunt.

Absolutely this. Bannan has contributed more than any other player in our squad over the last few seasons. But he cannot do it on his own. He needs players making intelligent forward runs so he has someone to pass to. This rarely happens these days which is why he has to play if backwards or try a hollywood pass. Hutch and Bannan do not work as a pairing as no one is driving forward. Even Carlos knew this which is why he insisted playing Bannan wide left.  

We have had such a  crap squad for so long that, for whatever reason, Bannan's worst trait is now coming to the fore. While we have been without Lee and FF, Bannan has become so important to the side that I honestly think he has come to believe all the hype about him being 'God-like' and is trying to do everyone's job insteadof being a part of a team. He has neither  the build nor the temperament to be a defensive midfielder, yet he so often plays in that role. He seems much better as an attacking midfielder, BUT, and it is a big BUT, his finishing is woeful. Maybe Bruce will address this in training. I certainly hope so. And he must learn to control his temper, and reduce his collection of Yellows Despite having just served his second ban for collecting 10., he goes on to pick up not two but three yellows in four games  .   

I think Bannan does more harm than good for the team atm. If he plays in a 2 with hutch it leaves us with almost no attacking threat from midfield as he is as much a CENTRE midfielder as he could be. He works best in a 3 with someone like Hutch and Lee (:sad:) pushing forward. He doesn't effect games enough imo.