Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

6 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Im not ITK , but ive just seen Peter Odimwingie in his Range Rover in the training ground car park. 

Meh, someone already tweeted that joke to BBC Sport, along with Crouch and Krancjar down near Portsmouth, coz Harrys back lol

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

Chansiri playing a good game IMO. Norwich may buckle and pay good money. Prem teams usually do near the end of the window. Could work well for us.

Wonder if we might end up with a compromise fee of £3m - with the way the deal with Boro was structured we would break even with £4m (or is it higher?), but it's obvious Rhodes hasn't worked out for us at all so at the end of the day we may have to accept a loss and just try to minimise it.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The thing is I don’t think Norwich are desperate for Rhodes. Seems like they only want him because he is a good character off the field. 

Personally think if our value is too is too high for them, they’ll just leave it. 

You were also against Chansiri holding out for 4m combo for Bruce if I remember right? Saying we’d be in a tight mess? 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The thing is I don’t think Norwich are desperate for Rhodes. Seems like they only want him because he is a good character off the field. 

Personally think if our value is too is too high for them, they’ll just leave it. 

I think having Rhodes around pushed Teemu Pukki (He was poor for Celtic) so perhaps they are looking for the same again? Rhodes worked for them and is a reliable back up player. 4 million is chump change for a Prem team; especially when it wont be a one payment deal.

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

You were also against Chansiri holding out for 4m combo for Bruce if I remember right? Saying we’d be in a tight mess? 

Wasn’t against it. Just didn’t want it to drag on as long as it did. 4m was a good package but it seems we were asking for more for his coaches too. 

Nobody actually knows the correct figure for the Bruce compo. I’ve seen a number of different figures rumoured. 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

They've brought a couple of decent loans in but only spent about £1m in transfer fees so far. Despite the riches of the Premier League, looks as if they can't or don't want to spend money. Cant afford Rhodes!

It's one thing to prepare for relegation, but another to give up before a ball is kicked. Think they'll get a pasting at Liverpool, which will set the tone for their season.

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Wasn’t against it. Just didn’t want it to drag on as long as it did. 4m was a good package but it seems we were asking for more for his coaches too. 

Nobody actually knows the correct figure for the Bruce compo. I’ve seen a number of different figures rumoured. 

My point is that you seem awfully keen on us dropping our pants rather than negotiating deals that are favourable to us. I’m not sure why that is, but I think based on the last few weeks I’d trust Chansiri negotiating strongly vs you’re approach of taking any old offer in rush not to lose out on a deal, even if that lower offer puts us at risk. 

If we sell Rhodes it has to be on our terms, otherwise he stays and contributes. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

My point is that you seem awfully keen on us dropping our pants rather than negotiating deals that are favourable to us. I’m not sure why that is, but I think based on the last few weeks I’d trust Chansiri negotiating strongly vs you’re approach of taking any old offer in rush not to lose out on a deal, even if that lower offer puts us at risk. 

If we sell Rhodes it has to be on our terms, otherwise he stays and contributes. 

Where did I actually say we should drop the valuation? Read the post before the name of the poster fella. 

I was just saying if our valuation is too high FOR NORWICH then I think they’ll just leave it and move on. Can’t see them meeting our valuation as I don’t think they see him as crucial to their success. 

Plus as it stands we should keep Rhodes unless we have a replacement in the pipeline. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon

5 minutes ago, striker said:

They've brought a couple of decent loans in but only spent about £1m in transfer fees so far. Despite the riches of the Premier League, looks as if they can't or don't want to spend money. Cant afford Rhodes!

It's one thing to prepare for relegation, but another to give up before a ball is kicked. Think they'll get a pasting at Liverpool, which will set the tone for their season.

This is my point. They clearly aren’t keen on Rhodes. If they were he’d be with them by now.

Joao was originally priced at 8 million but we accepted nearer 5 million. This suggests DC is flexible but the Norwich offer for JR was an insult to everybody concerned. If they want him they'll need to up it to at least 3 million if not more. Besides he's done well in the pre-season matches and if that's an indication he's back to form I'm happy for him to stay.

Just now, nethertonowl said:

Do Norwich have a spare decent left back? 

To compete with Moses, Palmer, Fox, Penney, Thornely, borner that can play there for us at the moment? Not sure... do they have any CM’s?