Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 minute ago, sheffwed1 said:

And the lack of form in about 2 years

And the fee. 

And the wages. 

Be interested to see how many 90 minutes FF has actually completed in the last 2 seasons. 

6 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

Bristol City seem obsessed with signing a striker, wonder if they’re trying to sign Forestieri....

Then we’d need Murphy & Aarons...

I think they’ve been linked with Rhodes this week?

1 hour ago, Philb125 said:

I was thinking more so about having bodies that can play there as opposed to Joey, Bazza, Hutch & Lee battling it out to full three spots and share 138 games around between them. Seeing Sam Winnall there against Espanyol has petrified me. seeing Fox, Palmer, whoever at left back whilst may only be a bit meh, it's a far better situation than CM.

He put winnall there for game time..not to actually play there...you do realise that of course

Just now, vulva said:

And the fee. 

And the wages. 

Be interested to see how many 90 minutes FF has actually completed in the last 2 seasons. 

FF would be fantastic if he moved elsewhere, he's gone stale here. He's been like that before, world beater then ended up as a substitute. I don't necessarily want him to go but if the money was right it might do him good and we could use the money.

Ideally he would find the form of his first season with us rather than just give us the glimpses of the awesome talent he's got.

31 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

No idea why people are getting excited about our squad.

one day to go and we are 5 players short.

How on Earth are you working that out 

1 minute ago, kazads said:

He put winnall there for game time..not to actually play there...you do realise that of course

I mean you may be correct, but who were the other options that could have played there if we weren’t keen to give Sam minutes. 

Reach, Joey, Lee, Bannan has all played or were playing so who does that leave? There were NO other options available to us, you do realise that of course? 

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

I mean you may be correct, but who were the other options that could have played there if we weren’t keen to give Sam minutes. 

Reach, Joey, Lee, Bannan has all played or were playing so who does that leave? There were NO other options available to us, you do realise that of course? 

Were short in middle of park but there was absolutely nothing tactical about Winnall playing there in a friendly , Bullen was literally just tryna share the minutes out to everyone 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

How on Earth are you working that out 

We don’t have a left back in the entire squad that is fit for purpose.

we only have two decent centre halves.

Hutch is injury prone and we have no adequate cover.

Lee has hardly played for two seasons but we have no adequate back up.

We need another winger.

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Were short in middle of park but there was absolutely nothing tactical about Winnall playing there in a friendly , Bullen was literally just tryna share the minutes out to everyone 

That’s the point, if we had cover in CM Winnal doesn’t get minutes there, they do. But instead we’ve got strikers getting minutes in midfield as we don’t have midfielders to spread the work out or get their own fitness up. 

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Thanks. Backs up my theory that the FF story here is a myth. He’s had very little impact, for the expense and hassle. Keep hearing he’s a great player, but he contributes very little. Huge mistake not to sell him 2 years ago. Modern day Mark Chamberlain. 

8 minutes ago, vulva said:

Thanks. Backs up my theory that the FF story here is a myth. He’s had very little impact, for the expense and hassle. Keep hearing he’s a great player, but he contributes very little. Huge mistake not to sell him 2 years ago. Modern day Mark Chamberlain. 

Out for months with knee injury second season though. that and the Norwich debacle have added to his demise.

After first season was voted fourth best player in division I believe.

Edited by pazowl55

5 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Reading buy another striker for a fee of around £10m despite just coming out of a soft embargo.

The inter Milan lad ?  Surely not