Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

4 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

That list suggests we really do need a proper left back

I was thinking more so about having bodies that can play there as opposed to Joey, Bazza, Hutch & Lee battling it out to full three spots and share 138 games around between them. Seeing Sam Winnall there against Espanyol has petrified me. seeing Fox, Palmer, whoever at left back whilst may only be a bit meh, it's a far better situation than CM.

Guest gizowl
33 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

This is my point. They clearly aren’t keen on Rhodes. If they were he’d be with them by now.

Just had a 150 million windfall and they can't afford 2mill now and 2 million in a yrs time, even if they are relegated they have 4yrs failure payments. 

23 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

To compete with Moses, Palmer, Fox, Penney, Thornely, borner that can play there for us at the moment? Not sure... do they have any CM’s? 

None of them are Left Backs apart from Fox who isn't good enough. The others can fill in but not a long term solution. We need a LB.

Going by your logic we have Hutch, Lee, Bannan, Pelupessy, Reach, Palmer & possibly Hector who could all play in central midfield. 

1 minute ago, mark.flem said:

None of them are Left Backs apart from Fox who isn't good enough. The others can fill in but not a long term solution. We need a LB.

Going by your logic we have Hutch, Lee, Bannan, Pelupessy, Reach, Palmer & possibly Hector who could all play in central midfield. 

Not so sure about your logic considering fact Penney is a left fullback that can play further forward at a push, Moses played more on the left last term than on the right, but ignoring that. 

If we continue to play 3 centre midfielders thats 46 x 3 games to cover using Bazza, Hutch, Lee and Joey as it stands. Split that up, its 138 games so if bannan plays in 40 thats 98 games to share between the other 3 that we have. Lets assume Hutch and Lee get through 35 each (which I'm not sure they will) that's 28 starts for Joey or as you say Palmer or Reach. 

Whilst we may need a better LB, it's surely a lessor priority than the CM area.

7 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Not so sure about your logic considering fact Penney is a left fullback that can play further forward at a push, Moses played more on the left last term than on the right, but ignoring that. 

If we continue to play 3 centre midfielders thats 46 x 3 games to cover using Bazza, Hutch, Lee and Joey as it stands. Split that up, its 138 games so if bannan plays in 40 thats 98 games to share between the other 3 that we have. Lets assume Hutch and Lee get through 35 each (which I'm not sure they will) that's 28 starts for Joey or as you say Palmer or Reach. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Just seen that posted in another thread...................................De Ja Vous

lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Not overly bothered about him. Spent to much time out injured. Also does he play in the same position as Jacob Murphy? Prefer us to bring in someone else instead of Aarons. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Not overly bothered about him. Spent to much time out injured. Also does he play in the same position as Jacob Murphy? 

Could rotate with Harris on the left?

Murphy competition for the right with Reach?

I'm a tad confused tbh lol

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The thing is I don’t think Norwich are desperate for Rhodes. Seems like they only want him because he is a good character off the field. 

Personally think if our value is too is too high for them, they’ll just leave it. 

I don't think we're desperate to sell either, especially if we sell Winnall. So perhaps it's a take it or leave it ultimatum for Norwich.

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The thing is I don’t think Norwich are desperate for Rhodes. Seems like they only want him because he is a good character off the field. 

Personally think if our value is too is too high for them, they’ll just leave it. 

Yeah they know they're the only ones in for him that can afford his wages too. I think they'll get him on loan again.

Guest gizowl
1 minute ago, vulture_squadron said:

Yeah they know they're the only ones in for him that can afford his wages too. I think they'll get him on loan again.

I think he wants to go that bad, he'd take a lower salary than what he's on now.