Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’m happy for him to leave if it means we can sign a forward on loan. Vydra or Gayle, might be asking too much there though. Doesn’t seem likely.

For me he’s the only potential 20 goal a season man we have now Joao has left. I’d keep him unless a quality replacement is lined up. Winnall might surprise us this year, but I’m not sure.

Yeah agreed really, I just feel Rhodes is the only striker who can replace Fletch in way we seem to be set up , who else can we use where the balls got half a chance of sticking up top when we need it to 

limited faith in Winnall 

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’m happy for him to leave if it means we can sign a forward on loan. Vydra or Gayle, might be asking too much there though. Doesn’t seem likely.

For me he’s the only potential 20 goal a season man we have now Joao has left. I’d keep him unless a quality replacement is lined up. Winnall might surprise us this year, but I’m not sure.

Joao's had 7 seasons as a pro, and never scored more than 12 in a season. His ratio is over 1 in every 4 matches!!!. The big word there is 'potential', but we've been saying that, every season,  since he arrived, he might have potential, but he doesn't appear to have the application to go along with it. I think it was right move to sell, and doubt very much he'll get much past double figures a season for Reading!!

13 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Weve got no chance with Gayle. Vydra is an odd one, on the face of it seems a good player, but 27 and only really had one good season, at Derby, incidentally under Gary Rowett. 

13 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Yeah agreed really, I just feel Rhodes is the only striker who can replace Fletch in way we seem to be set up , who else can we use where the balls got half a chance of sticking up top when we need it to 

limited faith in Winnall 

Nuhiu is the obvious answer.

I’m amazed anyone, even Rhodes himself would think that he could play that role. 

59 minutes ago, tommycockles said:

PNE sniffing round Winnall, could be 3 up top out in a week!!!, surely be incoming in that area??, Prem striker on loan??

I think we should hold onto one of Rhodes or Winnall.

With pace out wide, half decent delivery and these two could come into their element.

If PNE are genuine, I'd prefer Winnall to leave and keep Rhodes, especially if it allows DC to snub Norwich.

• Like 1

Guest domSWFC

My biggest issue with Rhodes leaving is the fact the signings we've made would play to Rhodes' strengths. 

Finally a bit of pace on the wing will make teams sit deeper in, and if not we'll get down the wing to get crosses in, so Rhodes will be in and around the box where he's deadly. 

Rhodes isn't as good at hold up play as Fletcher, but if we are playing wider and getting in behind there won't be as much need for a striker to hold up the ball. Instead of Bannan picking out Fletcher he'll be playing diagonal balls. 

If we have Harris, Murphy, Reach and Odubajo as options on the wing, Rhodes or Forestieri need to be between them. When we need the ball holding up later in the game, Fletcher is a much better sun than Nuhiu.

1 minute ago, Tamworthowl said:

With pace out wide, half decent delivery and these two could come into their element.

If PNE are genuine, I'd prefer Winnall to leave and keep Rhodes, especially if it allows DC to snub Norwich.

Suspect Rhodes the more difficult of the two to sell and reliant on Norwich who despite the £200m Premier League windfall, cant afford to buy a Mars bar it seems, therefore makes sense pursuing any interest in Winnall. 

1 minute ago, Tamworthowl said:

I'd agree, after the 2+ season long pursuit of Rhodes, then finally signing him for a club record, just seems insane to bin him off.  i'd like to see him made main man up top and focus attacks around giving him service, the one thing he knows how to do is find the back of the net, if supported properly. 

If recent rumours to be believed, local Norwich reporters saying he WONT be going back to Norwich!!

Guest gizowl

If we have the opportunity to get Rhodes and winnall out lets do it now, better options out there to play the Fletcher role, and save a few quid in wages. 

1 minute ago, gizowl said:

If we have the opportunity to get Rhodes and winnall out lets do it now, better options out there to play the Fletcher role, and save a few quid in wages. 

Keep Rhodes sell Winnall. Just have a feeling Rhodes will score a hatful playing to his strengths. Don’t lose it over night.

Guest gizowl
2 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Hogan or Kodija.

Guest gizowl
Just now, tommycockles said:

How would either of those save money on wages??, they'll be on shed loads at villa!!!!

Don't think Hogan will be and with loans you don't have to pay their full wages. 

Just now, gizowl said:

Don't think Hogan will be and with loans you don't have to pay their full wages. 

Villa spaffed 10 mill' on Hogan, and have been paying nigh on prem wages for last few seasons. I'd suspect he's on plenty more than anyone at Hillsborough, and even a wage contribution would be on the steep side!?

Guest gizowl
1 minute ago, gizowl said:

Rhodes 40k winnall 18k,do you think Hogan or kodija are on 58k now.:ghoulguy:

Guest gizowl
3 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Hogans reportedly on 35k a week and Villa would want a loan fee

Stoke were interested in a loan deal if you believe what's in the press

Do you think he'll want that atm ,his priority will be to get some regular games somewhere.