Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

No it’s not the same, but we should have played him more often than we did

Then look at George Hirst as well. After scoring 40 goals for our under age teams we didn't want to take him in pre season tour or issue him with squad number.

Surprised Matt Penney is still here, must be a huge Wednesday fan.

Guest LondonOwl313
4 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Van Aken and Thorniley We could certainly cash in on the Dutchman

Agree they should both go, Van Aken looked terrible every time I saw him and has been injured all the time. Thorniley i’d send on loan.. he needs games and wouldn’t be first choice here. We need players that will either help us get promoted this season or have the potential to develop into premier league players. Not sure he fits in either of those categories but a loan move would allow him to develop and see what happens. Fox can also go too.

That would leave:

LB

Bidwell

Penney

CB

Hector (possibly)

Lees

Borner

Iorfa

RB

Odubajo

Palmer

looks decent if we got Hector in. Still think we need him as Borner is an unknown quantity. Would have preferred Lazaar to Bidwell tbh but again he was injured too much so not sure what went off there

1 hour ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Agree they should both go, Van Aken looked terrible every time I saw him and has been injured all the time. Thorniley i’d send on loan.. he needs games and wouldn’t be first choice here. We need players that will either help us get promoted this season or have the potential to develop into premier league players. Not sure he fits in either of those categories but a loan move would allow him to develop and see what happens. Fox can also go too.

That would leave:

LB

Bidwell

Penney

CB

Hector (possibly)

Lees

Borner

Iorfa

RB

Odubajo

Palmer

looks decent if we got Hector in. Still think we need him as Borner is an unknown quantity. Would have preferred Lazaar to Bidwell tbh but again he was injured too much so not sure what went off there

Fox can also go too....and foooook off forever, useless fkn cheeky monkey

Disgraceful signing, absolute gash

The Sun is reporting that we've entered the race to sign Motherwell midfielder David Turnbull, after his move to Celtic fell through. Apparently we've had him watched for months and had an interest in him for a while but it was expected he'd join Celtic. Anyone know much about him, seen him play or rate him? All if's and maybe's, and maybe just agent or paper talk but if that report is true, then we must have something to spend? https://videocelts.com/2019/06/blogs/latest-news/agent-odonnell-cant-find-an-epl-club-for-turnbull/

*edit* missed the thread about him by going straight to this thread, apologies, thought no-one had posted about it

Edited by The Night-Owl

7 hours ago, casbahowl said:

Maybe let the best manager we’ve had since Ron decide that!

Dont need him to mate he s garbage

6 hours ago, malek said:

Then look at George Hirst as well. After scoring 40 goals for our under age teams we didn't want to take him in pre season tour or issue him with squad number.

And we were proved right because he’s crap 

• Haha 1

Corry and McCabe were both remarkably average. As shown by their respective careers after leaving us.

Hirst refused to sign a deal, so we didn’t even have the chance to develop him and then Clare pretty much crocked himself early doors and then left before getting fit again.

I’d let Thorniley go too. He’s been relatively solid but he’s a league one clogger. 

Van Aken just needs to disappear. He’s awful

9 hours ago, malek said:

Yeah cus Hirst is prolific in the adults league! Overated jumped up 'do you know who my dad is' wanna be tosspot. 

3 hours ago, james o connor said:

And we were proved right because he’s crap 

7 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

Yeah cus Hirst is prolific in the adults league! Overated jumped up 'do you know who my dad is' wanna be tosspot. 

These are not the point...

If he stayed, he would have certainly earned us good bit of money (we already turned down 2m + offers for him).

Club wanted him to stay, yet did such a laughable job trying to persuade him.

8 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Corry and McCabe were both remarkably average. As shown by their respective careers after leaving us.

Hirst refused to sign a deal, so we didn’t even have the chance to develop him and then Clare pretty much crocked himself early doors and then left before getting fit again.

I’d let Thorniley go too. He’s been relatively solid but he’s a league one clogger. 

I think there is something about Thorniley, he’s a bit more than a League One clogger, in my opinion. His height may hinder him as a centre back though, unless he is paired with a defender like Hector, who is dominant in the air. Hirst has seemingly lost his way, but I wouldn’t write him off just yet. He wasn’t as good as his dad/ agent thought he was, and should have stayed with Wednesday

19 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Agree, apart from Thornily, think he's got potential. 

Needs a run of games though, a loan would do him good, ideally at championship level but someone like Rotherham would be a good fit, decent manager who can develop a player.

Harsh comments about Thorniley. The lad can defend. He’s a centre half all day long and should not be played again at left back where he gets caught out of position. 

Ive got no problem with Thorniley being one of our back up centre halves. Fans may say he isn’t tall enough, quick enough, great with bringing the ball out of defence, however he is a very very good defender. 

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Harsh comments about Thorniley. The lad can defend. He’s a centre half all day long and should not be played again at left back where he gets caught out of position. 

Ive got no problem with Thorniley being one of our back up centre halves. Fans may say he isn’t tall enough, quick enough, great with bringing the ball out of defence, however he is a very very good defender. 

Yes, a bit like Lees, except Thorniley is also a very good organiser

29 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

McCabe and Corry were both brought in as good prospects and both looked Championship ready on their debuts and early in their Wednesday careers.

3 years later as they were leaving us neither looked good enough to play 5 a side in the park.

Is it their own, or club's fault that they regressed in their time at S6 is hard to say.

Regarding Thorniley: He was our most consistent defender before Bruce took over. Not his fault that he got rarely picked after that.

Edited by malek

10 hours ago, malek said:

Thanks on a kind response.

We need to find diamonds in rough to get us out of FFP trouble.

No pint of taking note of players like Bradley Dack after they scored 15 goals a season for Blackburn. We need to scout high and low to find talent before they become common knowledge...

Absolutely the right way to go.

In the case of Dack, having seen him play a couple of times for Gillingham it couldn’t have been more obvious he had the potential to do well at a higher level.