Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

31 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Is he any good ?

Who's he play for ?

:Sid:

Annoying because I should know by now that I can’t walk dogs and use my phone......

Even more annoying that I checked it.....twice!! FFS. 

It was academic, “you can’t spend what you’ve not got” only applied to his generation. lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Annoying because I should know by now that I can’t walk dogs and use my phone......

Even more annoying that I checked it.....twice!! FFS. 

It was academic, “you can’t spend what you’ve not got” only applied to his generation. lol

Don't be so sure on this Porkers 

I'm just about to splash out on my 

1999 -2000 season ticket ...

# BelieveinDanny........

WTF:

• Haha 4

Guest Ash76
On 15/06/2019 at 18:21, Sham67 said:

Hector played on the left everytime we had 2 cb's.  Forget him, he's not coming.

He can't, he has a boner for him

11 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Since then we’ve had Lees, Reach, Forestieri, Winnall, Lee who we have all signed with that in mind but they’ve either had some injury issues or we’ve failed to sell them at the right time.

It may also be the flip-side of that argument in that the clubs we got them from added sell-on clauses which means we have to get top dollar to make any deal worthwhile. I definitely think we had our best chance with Forestieri back when he had his first strop but hindsight is a wonderful thing. Not sure we've really been in a position as yet to sell any of the others you've mentioned.

11 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

It may also be the flip-side of that argument in that the clubs we got them from added sell-on clauses which means we have to get top dollar to make any deal worthwhile. I definitely think we had our best chance with Forestieri back when he had his first strop but hindsight is a wonderful thing. Not sure we've really been in a position as yet to sell any of the others you've mentioned.

We’ve had bids for a few of our players but either didn’t want to sell or wanted more money. Qpr wanted Winnall and we had a bid for Reach also but time is still on his side.

16 hours ago, timrud said:

No, but what it does show is since the JR transfer, we've been good with our money.

Sorry mate but that's complete b*llocks IMO.  Even in the last 2 years we've made too many mistakes in terms of signings, outgoings transfers and holding onto surplus assets for too long.

Van Aken - Underwhelming signing thus far, compounded by the 7 figure transfer fee.  Potentially could still turn it round here but needs a HUGE season.  More likely JVA will be moved on and we will receive a fraction of our original transfer fee in return.

Boyd - Big wages and bit of a cack signing that overall.

Butterfield - Shocking bit of business that.

Pudil - Pointless to sign up for another year.  Hardly played in the last 12 months.  Waste of wages.

Jones, Abdi, Hooper, Matias - All released on frees after contributing very little for the last 2 seasons.  We signed all these with 7 figure transfers fees, all reportedly on high wages.  Surely more could have been done to move these players out of the club sooner?

Hunt - £1.5 million is not to be sniffed at.  But we gave away one of the better attacking full-backs in the division to a promotion rival for a relatively small fee IMO.

Winnall - Should have been moved on ages ago.  Face clearly doesn't fit here and we could have recouped a decent transfer if he'd been moved on prior to his injury.

Youngers e.g. Clare, Hirst, Preston, O'Grady etc - Several promising young players let go of.  All we've ever received back in terms of transfer fees are relatively small sums following tribunals.

Yes there have been some good bits of transfer business (Iorfa was a bargain, loaning Rhodes to Norwich, Venancio was a great signing).  But overall I'd still say more bad moves than good.

Let's hope that Bruce's influence can be the turning point going forwards.  Because the club's recent record in the transfer market hasn't been good enough.

8 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Sorry mate but that's complete b*llocks IMO.  Even in the last 2 years we've made too many mistakes in terms of signings, outgoings transfers and holding onto surplus assets for too long.

Van Aken - Underwhelming signing thus far, compounded by the 7 figure transfer fee.  Potentially could still turn it round here but needs a HUGE season.  More likely JVA will be moved on and we will receive a fraction of our original transfer fee in return.

Boyd - Big wages and bit of a cack signing that overall.

Butterfield - Shocking bit of business that.

Pudil - Pointless to sign up for another year.  Hardly played in the last 12 months.  Waste of wages.

Jones, Abdi, Hooper, Matias - All released on frees after contributing very little for the last 2 seasons.  We signed all these with 7 figure transfers fees, all reportedly on high wages.  Surely more could have been done to move these players out of the club sooner?

Hunt - £1.5 million is not to be sniffed at.  But we gave away one of the better attacking full-backs in the division to a promotion rival for a relatively small fee IMO.

Winnall - Should have been moved on ages ago.  Face clearly doesn't fit here and we could have recouped a decent transfer if he'd been moved on prior to his injury.

Youngers e.g. Clare, Hirst, Preston, O'Grady etc - Several promising young players let go of.  All we've ever received back in terms of transfer fees are relatively small sums following tribunals.

Yes there have been some good bits of transfer business (Iorfa was a bargain, loaning Rhodes to Norwich, Venancio was a great signing).  But overall I'd still say more bad moves than good.

Let's hope that Bruce's influence can be the turning point going forwards.  Because the club's recent record in the transfer market hasn't been good enough.

since CC went and lessening of former agents power things have improved. those you mentioned were signed on at ridiculous wages in respect of what they had to offer and were bad deals. the only way to get out of hem was to pay them off as nobody wanted them. JL was from same camp and budget restrictions prevented us making further big errors but you are correct Pudil was probably a mistake but we were under embargo at time and could not bring any players in and if not lifted we would not have got Hector which would have made us more reliant on Pudil.

Under freedom of contract all players have right to move on and with Hirst and Clare problems arose under previous regime. With regard O'Grady he was released.

you will never keep all players happy but things have improved and the wasteful nature of three or 4 years ago has certainly stopped. 

18 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I said Reach was part of the problem as is Bannan, Hutchinson, a fit Kieran Lee, whoever plays in the midfield four as it stands but as always on here an opinion gets misconstrued. If the balance was good, we'd be creating more chances, scoring more goals but perhaps you think we already are :biggrin:

I see where you’re coming from but I think the imbalance actually comes from the fourth position. We need a very attack minded winger to provide the balance. Reach will offer good protection of a full back on one side and Hutch will sit in but we could really do with some flair down the other side. 

JJ had a lot of limitations but there were games where he’d have sides doubling up on him which created space for others, when they didn’t double up he’d drag the team forwards signlehandledy. 

Pace and direct running is severely lacking. If we could add in a Wallace type to the squad it’d give us a bit of variation to change things during the game. 

56 minutes ago, Herb said:

I see where you’re coming from but I think the imbalance actually comes from the fourth position. We need a very attack minded winger to provide the balance. Reach will offer good protection of a full back on one side and Hutch will sit in but we could really do with some flair down the other side. 

JJ had a lot of limitations but there were games where he’d have sides doubling up on him which created space for others, when they didn’t double up he’d drag the team forwards signlehandledy. 

Pace and direct running is severely lacking. If we could add in a Wallace type to the squad it’d give us a bit of variation to change things during the game. 

I would never dispute the fact that we need more pace in the side, but playing Reach on one side, and a new quick winger on the other, would just unearth more problems. Hutchinson or Bannan won’t run a two man midfield, neither have the qualities to operate in such a system. 

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I would never dispute the fact that we need more pace in the side, but playing Reach on one side, and a new quick winger on the other, would just unearth more problems. Hutchinson or Bannan won’t run a two man midfield, neither have the qualities to operate in such a system. 

Totally agree, It's been our downfall for the last 4 seasons.  I will be staggered if SB does not address this in this window.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m catching up on this thread. Impossible to wade through the nonsense and pointless arguments. Suppose it wouldn’t be owlstalk without them.

I’m on page 110, I’m sure there’s plenty of excitement to come and I will read through.

Could someone sum up or potential targets, who we’ve been linked with and are apparently signing. Sime saying a few frees confirmed ,not officially, any loans or outgoings. Would be much appreciated. 

Also sum up the ground sale? I haven’t had chance or time to read that thread. Thanks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

I’m catching up on this thread. Impossible to wade through the nonsense and pointless arguments. Suppose it wouldn’t be owlstalk without them.

I’m on page 110, I’m sure there’s plenty of excitement to come and I will read through.

Could someone sum up or potential targets, who we’ve been linked with and are apparently signing. Sime saying a few frees confirmed ,not officially, any loans or outgoings. Would be much appreciated. 

Also sum up the ground sale? I haven’t had chance or time to read that thread. Thanks.

Keep going fella,the next 117 pages are pretty much the same as the first 110.......................:biggrin:

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Keep going fella,the next 117 pages are pretty much the same as the first 110.......................:biggrin:

Well I’m currently waiting to find out how the rumoured Rhodes £7m price tag will unfold.

Will Josh Onomah fulfill his potential and stop being a lazy sod.

Will Casbahowl actually find die defending the club to his death?

Will Gurujuan ever find love and happiness?

Find our next time I pages 115-125 of owlstalk official summer transfer rumour 2019 transfer thread. 

• Haha 7

5 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Cardiff City are starting their rebuild under Neil Warnock with a £1.5million deal for Rotherham United midfielder Will Vaulks. 

The 25-year old Wales international has agreed terms and is expected to sign within the next 24 hours. 

READ MORE
  •  

£1.5m for Vaulks could be a great bit of business for Cardiff.