Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Guest gizowl
8 hours ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Well Borner is still in Germany as of a couple of days ago and Odubajo may be on his holidays still. Usually the announcements are when the players are available for the obligatory photo holding up the shirt. Maybe the delay is the shirts haven't arrived yet?!

If we're waiting for the shirts to arrive, the signings won't be announced till October. 

8 minutes ago, vulva said:

Is it his brother, Derek, plays for Frickley?

As they were on about signing a Strasbourg midfielder, I'll go for the one from Strasbourg.  Don't know about you, but it sorta makes sense to me.

• Haha 5

I cant see the problem we will have agreed contracts with agents ,Players are in contract till the end of  June ,July 1st  Bruce will have a press conference welcoming players to the club.We will be well pleased ,Our odds for promotion will tumble ,Paddy power will not offer Wednesday for a top half finish at 4/1 :biggrin:.Get ready for next season because its coming ,Keep the faith we are coming for you Gibson ,The OWLS are on the move.

9 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

I ain't gonna be having to many dreams about that team that's for sure.

:Sid:

A forward line of Joao and Willock.. With the 3 you have sitting on the bench. May aswell go back to the Jos days of Stobbs and Wallace.

Each to their own isn’t it, I rate Willock  highly and i’d have him and Lee taking it in turns to play off Joao, who when confident can be unplayable. Clearly he could swap with Fletcher but he won’t be playing every game. 

I have trouble getting Forestieri into a starting formation that works and he’s hit and miss these days anyway in my opinion so might be better off the bench 

i think we only need Joao, Fletcher, Forestieri and a pacy loan striker as the forwards. The rest I would happily move on to free up space and money 

i reckon my starting eleven would beat Jos’ team 

Edited by Owls-Fan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Each to their own isn’t it, I rate Willock  highly and Joao when confident can be unplayable. Clearly he could swap with Fletcher but he won’t be playing every game. 

I have trouble getting Forestieri into a starting formation that works and he’s hit and miss these days anyway in my opinion so might be better off the bench 

Willock an unknown quantity and Joao is to hit and miss for me. I would definitely find a place for Reach aswell if he ain't being sold. Wont be sitting on the bench.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Willock an unknown quantity and Joao is to hit and miss for me. I would definitely find a place for Reach aswell if he ain't being sold. Wont be sitting on the bench.

Fair enough, from what I’ve seen and heard of Willock I think he will be a top player for someone next season on loan. 

I’m still not sure about Reach, the fact fans can’t decide on his best position says it all. I’d be using him as an option for the middle three with Bannan, Lee, Onomah etc whoever is fit/on form at the time 

16 hours ago, Anthndav said:

Unknowns are unknown so we assume we haven't sold the ground. What evidence suggests we have? 

Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know.

Donald Rumsfeld

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, malek said:

We have Pelupessey and Hutchinson, and only one out and out winger, though.

Think Pelupessy will be moved on and Hutchinson with injury woes can only be a stop gap you can not rely upon him. Wingers needed but Bruce likes proper wingers not ones who can play their as second resort. Snodgrass and Aaarons show type he likes hard working but who possess a threat. I do not think either of these will sign for us but certainly expect us to bring two wingers in possibly on loan. 

14 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

I feel Sissoko is a bit unrealistic for our situation.  We can only dream about a team like this, with the likes of Fletcher, Forestieri and Reach on the bench too 

Westwood 

Iorfa     Lees   Findlay 

Odubajo                      Lazaar 

Lee  Sissoko Bannan 

Willock   Joao 

We will not play 3 at back as a regular formationt and quite certain Joao will not be a regular starter. Iorfa  strength looks going forward rather than defending. This side would be far from my view of a strong side.. Believe Findlay has been dropped fromplayers we wanted looked elsewhere. I know nothing about Willock.

Think only way we fund players for serious money is to offload the likes of Joao, Rhodes, Winnall, Pelupessy and Van Aken. 

1 minute ago, Quist said:

We will not play 3 at back as a regular formation and quite certain Joao will not be a regular starter. Iorfa  strength looks going forward rather than defending. This side would be far from my view of a strong side.. Believe Findlay has been dropped fromplayers we wanted looked elsewhere. I know nothing about Willock.

Think only way we fund players for serious money is to offload the likes of Joao, Rhodes, Winnall, Pelupessy and Van Aken. 

Thanks for the update Bruce didn’t know you were on this site. 

lol

• Haha 1