Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

I wasn't particularly impressed with Hector under Jos. He was excellent  after he left. To be fair most were rubbish under Jos particularly the defence.

I'd be glad if Hector came back but if he doesn't we will get by one way or another. I don't see why we should over pay Chelsea for him on the back of one good half season over the last few years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

Left:  Borner, Thorniley.

Right:  Lees, Iorfa.  

Hutch as back up.  Sorted.  

That could work, Iorfa never looked comfortable defending at right back, so that might be a solution

1 minute ago, prowl said:

I wasn't particularly impressed with Hector under Jos. He was excellent  after he left. To be fair most were rubbish under Jos particularly the defence.

I'd be glad if Hector came back but if he doesn't we will get by one way or another. I don't see why we should over pay Chelsea for him on the back of one good half season over the last few years.

I don’t think Chelsea would need us to over pay, Ive seen the a figure of 3m suggested, which is a fair price for a player who was one of the best centre backs in the championship

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

He did yes, and he was excellent there also A good two footed defender

In the highly unlikely event we sign Hector and play with a back four.  Who, in your opinion misses out, Lees or the new lad?

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

3 at the back next year. Iorfa right centre back. 

If Iorfa is rcb and the German lad is lcb, who plays in the middle because Lees is nowhere near good enough a footballer to play there.

6 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

In the highly unlikely event we sign Hector and play with a back four.  Who, in your opinion misses out, Lees or the new lad?

I don’t know what the German guy is like, but for the sake of balance, I’d probably go Hector and Borner. Equally, Hector is comfortable on the left, and him and Lees were a decent pairing, so I’d be happy with them as starters. Whatever happens, Lees needs some competition for that right sided centre back role It could be Iorfa, but again, I’ve no idea what he is like at centre back

Guest wilyfox

If we have to wheel & deal, I'd sell Lees to finance Hector. He's the better player, more versatile, and offers more combination possibilities than Lees. 

5 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

If we have to wheel & deal, I'd sell Lees to finance Hector. He's the better player, more versatile, and offers more combination possibilities than Lees. 

No doubt.

Whether we'd find anyone willing to offer enough for Lees to allow us to sign Hector, I'm not so sure.

I suspect any decent fees we recoup this summer are going to come from elsewhere in the squad.

The German, if he signs, is from the 2nd division in Germany, he’s not an automatic choice IMO

(awaits the chat about how good the German 2nd division is - Jos gets work there, so it’s not) 

Lees shouldn’t be sold. 

22 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Selling the best defender at the club is madness 

carry on 

Not if it allows you to sign a better defender, it isn't.

I'm not saying I want to get rid of Lees, but if decent offers come in for any of our players, we simply have to be pragmatic about it.

If it allows us to build a stronger squad, then so be it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

The point is, we know what Hector can do Anyway, the German lad is all left foot, so more likely to be a replacement  for Pudil, or one of the other left sided centre backs

Who are they then ?  UTO 

6 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Not if it allows you to sign a better defender, it isn't.

I'm not saying I want to get rid of Lees, but if decent offers come in for any of our players, we simply have to be pragmatic about it.

If it allows us to build a stronger squad, then so be it.

I understand this, but I suppose, as was pointed out to me, there are enough players we can sell without selling our better players Of course, others have to want the players we might like to sell, but I’m sure there would be takers for Rhodes and Winnall, at the right price. Likewise, Van Aken, and even Pelupessy, are well thought of in their native Holland. We may not get our money back on any of them, but we surely could raise enough to bring back Hector.

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I understand this, but I suppose, as was pointed out to me, there are enough players we can sell without selling our better players Of course, others have to want the players we might like to sell, but I’m sure there would be takers for Rhodes and Winnall, at the right price. Likewise, Van Aken, and even Pelupessy, are well thought of in their native Holland. We may not get our money back on any of them, but we surely could raise enough to bring back Hector.

If we could sell some of our less-fancied players instead, then that would be preferable, of course.

As I said, I don't want to sell Lees, but if faced with a situation where we had a sizeable offer on the table for him which we knew would facilitate a move for Hector, well I know what I'd do.

23 minutes ago, Rogers said:

The German, if he signs, is from the 2nd division in Germany, he’s not an automatic choice IMO

(awaits the chat about how good the German 2nd division is - Jos gets work there, so it’s not) 

Lees shouldn’t be sold. 

I agree, I wouldn't advocate selling Lees but with Borner coming in, Thornily and Van Aken on the payroll along with Iorfa declaring a preference to play at CB, can't see Hector deal being concluded unfortunately. 

Unless we go 3 at the back,  but considering our lack of wing backs, would think Hector and a full compliment of starting, cover wing backs would be difficult to manage on a budget. Also, where would that leave Palmer and the reported Bidwell interest  neither of which are wing backs. Only Odubajo would fit that criteria for me.